What's new

Hunkered down in the shed...

In anticipation of what has happened, I bought a few projects to work on. Tonight I pinned a Torrey with covered tang, started to sand a William S. Turner and began to hack out some scales for a Frederick Reynolds. There may have been some Dire Straits and homebrewed Wee Heavy involved, as well!

I was happy to meet with easy progress on the big Turner. The scales had but one small crack that stabilized well and they really shined up nicely. I have high hopes for that one. The Torrey cleaned up splendidly, also.

20200321_230555.jpg

20200321_233135.jpg

I noticed how brutal the hacked out scale looks, so I wet it down for a pic. This is how it will look when it gets its epoxy bath. Much better!

20200321_234049.jpg

Last edited:
Finished up the big Reynolds. Yes, some @&&#(&@ idiot broke the scales. He feels very bad about that. He was able to reuse the collars, though!

20200328_145950.jpg

20200329_133343.jpg

20200329_133914.jpg

20200329_134102.jpg

Doing some good work there Jon.
Is that the adult version of the "he man woman haters club?" (little rascals)
Puttering will be the new norm. I just finished two brushes this week:)
Gotta do something!

Doing some good work there Jon.
Is that the adult version of the "he man woman haters club?" (little rascals)
Puttering will be the new norm. I just finished two brushes this week:)
Gotta do something!

Thanks! Next time I won't try to take the little engraving plate off, I can promise you that. Those old scales get brittle. The sad part is that it cleaned up just fine with it on, so nothing would have been gained by it's removal.

I can almost see the sign, with a backward letter or two! No, the wife is allowed in the shed but she doesn't spend a lot of time there. Guess she isn't crazy about watching sports, throwing darts or whacking on congas.

I just built/restored a handful of brushes, myself. Passing time until the weather improves! All I have left is that Eyre razor you have been helping me with and a large Joseph Rodgers inbound. That will have to do for a while. I enjoy hanging out in the shed, but don't wish to be banished to it!

Thanks! Next time I won't try to take the little engraving plate off, I can promise you that. Those old scales get brittle. The sad part is that it cleaned up just fine with it on, so nothing would have been gained by it's removal.

I can almost see the sign, with a backward letter or two! No, the wife is allowed in the shed but she doesn't spend a lot of time there. Guess she isn't crazy about watching sports, throwing darts or whacking on congas.

I just built/restored a handful of brushes, myself. Passing time until the weather improves! All I have left is that Eyre razor you have been helping me with and a large Joseph Rodgers inbound. That will have to do for a while. I enjoy hanging out in the shed, but don't wish to be banished to it!

No, don't want to live there but nice to have a place to go do.....stuff. Especially now.
Finished my third brush in as many days. I only have one more quality knot so will look for something else to do for a bit.

Top Bottom