What's new

humidity beads?

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Heartfelts at 65%, supplemented by an ancient Cigar Oasis on the floor for backup that kicks in around 64-65%. Been running this setup for about 15 years now. I do maintenance once a month, with a 4-5% drift between recharges. No problems. You can scatter the beads throughout the cabinet in little 4oz aroma jars for even humidity distribution.

My experience is you can usually get a decade out of good beads, depending on the purity of your water. Humidifier cartridges are good for about 2-4 years. The Bovedas are good for so many recharges, not necessarily time, before the membrane starts to clog up.

I’m just getting into keeping a small assortment of small cigars around. I’ve been using boveda. I have a few different sizes and plan to revive them perpetually. I am keeping everything in one of two half gallon mason jars, outfitted with hygrometer lids.

In one jar, I am experimenting with trying to rehydrate some forgotten about sticks from a few christmas’ ago. One boveda 69% pack and a water pillow. It took a little more than 2 weeks for the RH to hit the 69% mark, but it is holding steady quite well. I did, at the 4 week mark, open to see how the sticks were coming along. They are still mostly hard, but not wanting to crack is squeezed. So I’m gonna let it ride for another 3 months and check back.

Bovedas are just too east to use. And when they get dried out, just put em in a bowl of distilled water until theyre hydrated and squishy again, then leave them out until the brown paper membrane is dried to touch then youre good to go

I’m reconstituting a boveda 68% by pouring distilled water on paper towel, squeezed it out a bit wrapped it around boverall and in a ziploc. i’m on day 4 and pack is getting soft and Puffy. Surprised it came back so fast

Top Bottom