What's new

Hull Pottery Old Spice shaving mug

I acquired a near "mint" condition Old Spice shave mug today. It is one of the original Old Spice mugs made by Hull Pottery. Most likely, based on the bottom impressions, this mug was made in 1938 or 1939. Soooo.... would love to use this mug with a soap puck. Am I just plain stupid? Go ahead.. I can take it... :001_smile

Whoops... here it is

IMG_1867.jpeg

The Grand Turk in hull pottery is a rare one to find! I've been looking for one to match my Ship Friendship mug. I was lucky enough to use a puck of Old Spice shave soap someone had given to me years back. It had lost its scent but I put it in a mug and flooded it with Clubman, letting it sit for a day. That was some of the best lathering soap I had ever used.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Very nice - tough to find those early ones here in the UK. Even the late OS mugs have really gone up in price over here. I would certainly use that lovely mug, it is a beauty. 👍

The Grand Turk in hull pottery is a rare one to find! I've been looking for one to match my Ship Friendship mug. I was lucky enough to use a puck of Old Spice shave soap someone had given to me years back. It had lost its scent but I put it in a mug and flooded it with Clubman, letting it sit for a day. That was some of the best lathering soap I had ever used.
They are indeed rare. I just landed one on the 'Bay. Awaiting delivery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom