What's new

Hugo Boss shoes

Has anyone ever had a chance to try this brand? Leather soles and uppers. I have been alternating two pairs for about 10 years now and have had the soles and heels replaced at a shoe repair store about three times each. IMO great quality shoes and the repairman even said so himself.

Sadly, now I can't find them anymore. I miss the leather soles. They kept my feet cooler in the hot summer!!

Plenty of manufacturers making shoes with genuine leather uppers + soles. You need a pair with goodyear welted or blake stitched soles if you intend to get them resoled (other construction methods can be resoled but really not worth it). Just don't expect good construction on shoes that cost under under $150.

Try the old standbys... Allen Edmonds and Alden. If you don't mind the direct to consumer model, Beckett Simonon, Taft, Meermin, and Thursday Boot company are some of the ones you want to try. If you are near NYC than you can stop by the Meermin and Thursday Boot showrooms.

I was particularly impressed by Meermin shoes when I was in there showroom a couple of months ago. They use a closed channel goodyear welt construction which I thought were all but extinct.

I have Allen Edmond, Thursday, Beckett Simonon, and Floresheim (way back from when they were actually good) shoes. I am going to buy a pair of Meermin's next.

Plenty of manufacturers making shoes with genuine leather uppers + soles. You need a pair with goodyear welted or blake stitched soles if you intend to get them resoled (other construction methods can be resoled but really not worth it). Just don't expect good construction on shoes that cost under under $150.

Try the old standbys... Allen Edmonds and Alden. If you don't mind the direct to consumer model, Beckett Simonon, Taft, Meermin, and Thursday Boot company are some of the ones you want to try. If you are near NYC than you can stop by the Meermin and Thursday Boot showrooms.

I was particularly impressed by Meermin shoes when I was in there showroom a couple of months ago. They use a closed channel goodyear welt construction which I thought were all but extinct.

I have Allen Edmond, Thursday, Beckett Simonon, and Floresheim (way back from when they were actually good) shoes. I am going to buy a pair of Meermin's next.
Thanks for the tips and recommendations!
How the heck did you learn so much about shoes? Well, thankfully now I know what to ask about when I go to the store. Thanks again.

Top Bottom