What's new

Huge conversions - at least 10 people - cue evil laugh

mwahahah

I frequent the forums at bodybuilding.com and I started a thread called "Ask a traditional wetshaver anything". In this thread I had some people make fun of me, and some show a very keen interest. Within a day I had about 5 people set on getting their first kit. After a few more days, good old Mark (mantic) joined up and helped me out. There have been at *least* 10 peple who've converted and are lurking among us as we speak, including a moderator of the site.

The userbase of bb.com is enormous and I hope to keep spreading the word. Between mantic, two other members of the site with experience and I, we should be spreading the bug very quickly :)

Check out the thread here.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115895021

I agree. Some of the 'english' on that particular forum is questionable. But hey, you're converting people and that's great!

This is cool. I hope they feel welcome to drop in, use the search feature and join the banter around here.

Most seemed like decent guys who have the initiative to do things the right way. That was obvious despite the use of the term 'brah'.

I'm quite happy with my spaghetti arms, and I will welcome bodybuilders to this forum. They should have no problems with the 38C!

I'm not sure I like proselytizing to the great unshaved masses. For one thing, the religious undertone is a little creepy. But most importantly, won't this drive up the price of vintage razors through the roof? if this keeps up, the days of finding a $10.00 Fatboy will be no more.

with a forum that size, you're bound to find some idiots. what can you expect!

most of them are teens though, hence the immaturity. it's a good place to let loose and not care what anyone thinks too though :p

I think its been a fun ride over there so far! Yeah, they have some acronyms too, just like we do here (one thing I like over there is their "reputation" system that can quickly determine those who know what they're talking about from those who don't).

That thread still can't match the on-going, two-year, 70+ page shaving thread on somethingawful.com though (sorry, no link, forum is restricted to paying members).

--Mark

That thread still can't match the on-going, two-year, 70+ page shaving thread on somethingawful.com though (sorry, no link, forum is restricted to paying members).

--Mark

That's nothing. We have a 586 page, one year old thread about absolutely nothing here.:lol:

I'm one of the converts and, no, we are not all that bad. Some of us know how to, and choose to speak intelligently. I must say I do enjoy this forum more though. A very big thanks to Advil and Mantic.

(one thing I like over there is their "reputation" system that can quickly determine those who know what they're talking about from those who don't).
Thank goodness we don't have something like that in place here, or my rep would be negative 1,000,000,000,000,001. :blush:

Top Bottom