What's new

Hoyt's

if you have 4711,hoyt's smells like 4711 after the citrus scent has vanished.it has that floral scent .at least to me it does.:smile:

Regular Hoyt's is a musky Neroli--or Neroli over some kind of musky base. There's also a Bergamot version, which is actually brilliantine. There are big plastic bottles available, but I still see the smaller glass ones around. The brilliantine only comes in glass AFAIK.

It is also reputed to be an effective part of certain kinds of magical rituals.

If I were to ever encounter Hoyt's in the wild, I would bag it. The review has been a favorite of mine since finding B&B a few years ago. The descriptions sounds like a winner in my estimation.

I thought I posted in this thread! I really like Hoyt's. To me, Neroli and Bergamot, with just little dirt. No tenacity, but smells wonderful while it lasts!

I haven't posted in months, but the power of Hoyt's drove me to it. Found it a month ago. Love at first whiff!

I like Hoyt's a bunch. It definitely has neroli plus. It lasts better if you get some on your shirt. Just sparing on your skin it goes away pretty quick. I just lift my shirt off my body and spray down my neck and it seems to last longer.

I just stumbled onto a bottle of Hoyt's at an old Mom and Pop pharmacy in Shallotte, NC the other day. They actually had two sizes, a small travel size in a glass bottle and the larger plastic bottle. I bought the travel size just to sample it and I promise I will be going back for the larger bottle next time I'm back up that way. This stuff is a definate winner.

I just stumbled onto a bottle of Hoyt's at an old Mom and Pop pharmacy in Shallotte, NC the other day. They actually had two sizes, a small travel size in a glass bottle and the larger plastic bottle. I bought the travel size just to sample it and I promise I will be going back for the larger bottle next time I'm back up that way. This stuff is a definate winner.

Heck yeah! One of the nicest of nerolis!

I'm going to raise this thread from the dead as I discovered the the Hoodoo shop in downtown Atlanta, Georgia sells Hoyt's as well as Jockey Club and other colognes that have been popular for generations in the Southern hoodoo culture. The shop - Rexall's Drugs - was the inspiration for Paul McCartney's song "Run Devil Run." Jockey Club was a French cologne and was created at a time when all things English were fashionable in France. Believers in the arcane and occult use it to win at the track. I might have to pick up one of two of these colognes - if just for the weirdness it will bring to my shaving den. And who knows, maybe some of that old root Magick will bring me the luck that's long been elusive.

PM me if interested in my bottle. For my hoodoo & santeria rituals I prefer Florida Water!

I have a 75% full large plastic bottle & will never use it.

Yes, Hoyt's definitely unique stuff, in a league with some better and lesser known classics....

and, just where is that Rexall store?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom