What's new

How's the Schick Xtreme 3?

Anyone like the Xtreme 3 made by Schick? They seem to have a better head geometry.

I used to buy the Hydro series but they are hard to use under the nose

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not tried it yet but my 3 all time favourite Cartridge Razors are Schicks and one of them is the Extreme so I think it would be great razor.

Anyone like the Xtreme 3 made by Schick? They seem to have a better head geometry.

I used to buy the Hydro series but they are hard to use under the nose
No, currently the worse product in the Schick/Wilkinson Sword lineup. There must be a reason they have withdrawn the cartridge razor, and only retail the disposables cheaply. It is also prone to clogging. Get a Quattro or GT5 razor instead.

I tried the Xtreme 3, and I have to say the handle is actually flimsy and doesn't have the weight of the Quattro
On the plus side, it is easier to go under the nose. I feel like the 4+ blades make it very hard to get those spots

I wish Schick would bring back the 2-blade carts. Those and the Trac II work similar to the DEs

I tried the Xtreme 3, and I have to say the handle is actually flimsy and doesn't have the weight of the Quattro
On the plus side, it is easier to go under the nose. I feel like the 4+ blades make it very hard to get those spots

I wish Schick would bring back the 2-blade carts. Those and the Trac II work similar to the DEs
4+blades? It's called the Xtreme 3 as amazingly it has 3 blades.

The Extreme3 is now a disposable only. It used to be a cartridge system and would have had more weight then and be less flimsy. For a while, WalMart sold it as the Wilkinson Sword Tech3 system. That was my recovery after Costco stopped carrying Sensor catridges and before I said goodbye to all that for DE.

The Extreme3 is now a disposable only. It used to be a cartridge system and would have had more weight then and be less flimsy. For a while, WalMart sold it as the Wilkinson Sword Tech3 system. That was my recovery after Costco stopped carrying Sensor catridges and before I said goodbye to all that for DE.
The Xtreme3 cartridge razor is still available in specific markets.

In the US, the vendor usrazor.com sells metal handles and cartridges of the Xtreme3.

I also used the WS Tech3 when it came to US Walmarts in 2010. I don't think it was quite up to the quality level of the Mach 3 I had been using before, but it wasn't bad and was much less expensive. When it was discontinued I switched to Dorco Pace then gave that up and now use DEs. Still have my Tech3 handle and some cartridges in the back of a drawer.

I like the Xtreme3. I find that it gives smooth and fairly close shaves. What I like about it too is that when you are done with it, you can snap the head off and recycle the handle.

Out of all Schick/ Wilkinson razors, the Xtreme 3 works best for me. It's a very good razor, on par with the Gillette Blue 3 disposables.

Yes, I like it very much and use it still sometimes. But I have seen people getting severe cuts because of bad lather. So it is not for everyone, neither is it as foolproof as the MACH3.

The Xtreme3 cartridge razor is still available in specific markets.
Indeed. It is available as Wilkinson Sword in many European countries. A value pack of the handle + 5 carts. Here it is approximately 3.8EUR. Appeared only 2-3 years ago and is quite popular. Before that only Xtreme 3 disposables were available.

Note that the two blade Exacta 2 (atra-like) is still available in Asia and Australia as a cartridge system, and not just a disposable. It appears that the Five Below chain in the US had some recently, and may still have some in store. It was $1.50 for a razor and 3 carts. schick® exacta system 2™ sensitive dual-blade razor - https://www.fivebelow.com/products/schick-exacta-system-2-sensitive-dual-blade-razor

To anyone knowledgeable, so the Schick Xtreme3 sold in the US and the Wilkinson Xtreme3 sold in Europe are the same thing?

I'm talking about the cartridge version, not the disposable one. I'm currently using a Wilkinson Xtreme3 with great satisfaction.

In the US, I don't see the cartridge version. At the stores here, I see 4 packs of the disposable and 3 packs of the X3 Pivot Ball. I also see a 5 pack "hybrid" on their website that has one handle and 5 blades. I really like the Pivot Ball as it seems to dissipate any extra energy from a firm pull. If you are careful, you can use blades from the cartridge or other disposables to reuse the disposable Pivot Ball handle. With coupons from Walgreens or Kroger's app, the 3 and 4 packs are often available for $2 after coupon. Usually limited to one pack at a time with the coupon.

How is the flex on these? I saw them in the store, and bought a single to try with shaving my head.

I shave my face with vintage razors, mainly G and E Schick injectors from the 40s-50s, GEMs fro the 30s-50s, and Double Edge razors.

For my head, however, the only blade I can use comfortably and without irritation or worse is a Gillette Sensor. Never a cut or nick and super smooth.

I normally use a Panasonic Arc5 for my head, but do like blade shaving. The Sensor carts are expensive however. The Extremes are more reasonable.

The flexible face of the Extreme is intriguing, however. The head has an inflexible radius, which means any flat razor is only shaving with a very small portion of the blade, so there has to be many passes to cover all the surface.

With a curved, radiused, blade, there should be much more blade contact and therefore more use of the blade width and less strokes needed.

Has anyway observed this with the Extreme? Can any head shavers share their experience? Thanks!

The Blade has some flex, but is also firm. With moderate force, the blade will curve. I would try the Pivot Ball as well. I use injectors, and this one reminds me of the the Personna Floating Head injector which allows for some movement as well.

Top Bottom