What's new

Howdy!

After decades of satisfactory Norelco electric shaves, I'm returning to blades. Now retired, so the morning rush with a cup of coffee, toast and bacon in one hand and toothbrush and shaver in the other, has ended.

Got a GilleTrac II handle - works fine & I still have it. Got a Trac II blade sample and demo handle in the mid 70's in college, and never saw fit to get any other handle. Dabbled in double edge shaving, as well as occasional straight razor - strop hangs in the bathroom, at the ready.

I got new blades for the Norelco, and with shave cream, still get a better-than-blade shave. Coinciding with the Norelco re-blade, I was going thru some of Dad's stuff, still boxed & in the garage. I found an old Schick Injector razor that I recall Dad always having in a bathroom drawer, but never used. His Dad gave it to him & I always thought it was just a junk razor from an elderly family friend, passed down. In a recent phone call, I mentioned it to my cousin, who immediately described it. Grandma had it, and used it for cousin's first leg-shaving lessons (she was around 12 at the time). Grandma passed, Grandpa gave it to Dad, who thought enough of it to keep it safe, even though never using it.

She provided the rest-of-the-story: Her Dad (my Dad's older bro) brought it home at the end of WWII and gave it to his Mom (my Grandma). He was a combat medic and landed in Normandy D-Day +1. It was thought that this razor followed him all the way to Berlin.

I got a pack of blades and was considering trying it out. I also went looking around on E-Bay to see more about the Schicks, and now have another on the way to deliver to me sometime next week.

This E-Bay razor is the reason I joined this forum, as it holds a question I am unable to find elsewhere -- it will be my first post here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia. Thanks for checking in and sharing story.

Howdy!

Retirement requires some adjustments.

For fun, check out websites for West Coast Shaving, Maggard Razors, Connaught Shaving, Italian Barber, Shaving ie.

Take care,

Mac

Welcome to the board. The Shick injector gives a superb shave to those who have mastered the technique. There is two blade options: The Ted Pella blades and the Chinese made Shick branded blades which I prefer. I find the Shick blades to be sharper, smoother, and give about twice the life. Some others will surely disagree though.

Generally the older Injector razors are more aggressive than the newer ones.

Welcome. Great story. I’ve used a Schick Injector several times and found them quite nice. So many razors, so little time.

Top Bottom