What's new

Howdy from Down Under

Hi all,

I've been using the forum as a great resource in my wet shaving journey and thought it's about time I jumped on and said G'Day!

I rediscovered wet shaving again about a year ago when I wondered in to my local chain shaving shop and bought a cheap and nasty DE and boar brush. I'd actually shaved with similar quality gear when I was a teenager so I didn't think anything of the quality - or lack there of!

After spending a little time reading B&B I ordered myself a Mekur Barber Pole (not the slant) and enjoyed using that since for six months or so. I got my 3 pass shave down nicely and after trialling a few different blades, I was getting pretty close to what I consider BBS :biggrin1:

I took the plunge last week and ordered a Dovo Bismark straight razor and hone :001_cool:
$straight-up.jpg

I've had 2 shaves with it so far, both a couple with the grain passes and haven't nicked myself yet, but it really feels like it's not quite shave ready :huh: There's no-one around here to hone it, so I've ordered a Kasumi 3000 / 8000 hone and going to have to have a go at getting it up to shave ready.

Anyway, looking forward to spending a lot more time here learning some old school straight razor skills!

Cheers

Top Bottom