What's new

How Would You Rate Shea Butter vs. Lanolin as a Face Conditioner?

I'd been reading up on Musgo Real and its cousins with their lanolin ingredient and realize that some folks can't or don't want to use lanolin and I was wondering if shea butter was anywhere near as effective as far as post-shave feel. I use creams and soaps with shea but have been reluctant to spend money on lanolin products that I may only get to use once or twice. Can shea butter cut the mustard?

Stirling is tallow based with both lanolin and shea butter. Very reasonably priced and available in sample sizes. I don’t know how available it is where you are but I highly recommend it.

Edit: I realized there is a duplicate post in the soaps section. This answer would be more relevant there

I'd been reading up on Musgo Real and its cousins with their lanolin ingredient and realize that some folks can't or don't want to use lanolin and I was wondering if shea butter was anywhere near as effective as far as post-shave feel. I use creams and soaps with shea but have been reluctant to spend money on lanolin products that I may only get to use once or twice. Can shea butter cut the mustard?
Not really relevant to your question, but is it weird that "cut the mustard" and "pass muster" mean essentially the same thing? 🤔

is it weird that "cut the mustard" and "pass muster" mean essentially the same thing? 🤔
HaHa. Having been a career sailor, I'm actually much more familiar with "pass muster", but I didn't know if everyone else was, particularly across the pond.

Top Bottom