What's new

How would you keep a cabinet humidor properly hydrated?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Talking about a 1500 - 3500 cigar capacity.

Wondering how you would keep it properly hydrated and climate controlled. Not so much asking HOW, but rather how would YOU do it.

Bunch of Boveda packs? Beads? Cigar Oasis? Humi-care electronic?

As far as temperature goes it’s 68 in here right now so not bad. During the winter it fluctuates between 66-70. During the summer right around 70. But perhaps a few days/weeks it may get up to 75-80 when it’s spring/fall and we don’t have the HVAC on. I’m not so much worried about the temp as I am keeping something this large properly hydrated.

So just curious how you would do it.

Thanks!

022A3814-B1A8-4033-BE65-6A3E46757748.jpeg

That one is too big to gamble so I would go full electronic.

That’s the best System you can get in Europe (site is in German, sorry) but I guess there will be something similar on your side as well.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yeah I don’t think I’d spend close to 2g and load it with Boveda :laugh:

At the same time, if it wasn’t set up for anything electronic what choice would I have.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Wondering how you would keep it properly hydrated and climate controlled. Not so much asking HOW, but rather how would YOU do it.

As far as temperature goes it’s 68 in here right now so not bad. During the winter it fluctuates between 66-70. During the summer right around 70. But perhaps a few days/weeks it may get up to 75-80 when it’s spring/fall and we don’t have the HVAC on. I’m not so much worried about the temp as I am keeping something this large properly hydrated.

Thanks!

View attachment 1563441
That's absolutely beautiful! :love-struck:

I'd figure out a way to go full electronic. Something made for a statement cabinet humidor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Thanks!

View attachment 1563441

Looks like the places that sell that unit offer a humidifier as an add-on.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
My Dad had a cabinet humidor. Being that Hawaii is always humid passive humidification didn’t cut it. I just throw Bovedas in there now. In Hawaii a humidor is more to keep the cigars from getting too soggy vs too dry.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
In that photo Phil posted looks like there is even a spot for the humidor down at the bottom.

Top Bottom