What's new

How would you gauge today's find ? I didn't spend a wad of cash !

Hi all,

I found both the Winchester SUPER X and the Gillette 1930's Short Comb "New" today.
The AVON is FULL! I think this decanter (and box) is too cool! The fragrance still smells good however, the fragrance is very short lived (no doubt due to it's age). I guess one could say, the (Deep Woods) Cologne is SHOT !

1576030247214.png

That NEW looks to be in great shape, almost NOS. Don't know if this is your first NEW or not, but it is one great shaver IMO. My go-to razor on the DE side of things. Congrats, great find!!

Great finds in excellent condition!

I have a NEW LC that I love and Deep Woods is my favorite of the vintage Avon scents, right up there next to Leather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Two excellent grabs my friend!

Old Avon colognes never did last too long. Pretty much an aftershave, unfortunately.

Hello @jbr63, @GearNoir, @FarmerTan and @Vanille,

Thank you all for your kind words. I must admit, this NEW is perhaps THE nicest one I've found. jbr, I must now have (at least a half dozen if not more) Bar Handle "New" Razors and.....I still have yet to try shaving with one as I have soooooo many other Razors I've been testing first. That being said, I must/will try the NEW soon. I have both LC & SC "NEW" Razors. Might there be a big difference between the two ?

Today (I've been on a roll and really "beating the bushes" looking for Razors in the Wild) I found FIVE Razors from two different sources : Here's three of the four from source #1 :

1576111965661.png

I also found this STRANGE thing (sort of Ultra Cool) :
1576112325272.png

I guess I'll save this for when I feel like a Lady!
1576112370253.png

And.....number 5 today (from my second source) :
1576112480372.png

I'm a wee bit "gun shy" on this type of Razor. My "BOSTONIAN" and NEW Criterion Deluxe have both BITTEN me!
Not sure why. Next attempt, I'm going to use a Gillette NACET Blade. I've had ZERO issues with my BIG BOY.

SixCats!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And.....number 5 today (from my second source) : View attachment 1042826

I'm a wee bit "gun shy" on this type of Razor. My "BOSTONIAN" and NEW Criterion Deluxe have both BITTEN me!
Not sure why. Next attempt, I'm going to use a Gillette NACET Blade. I've had ZERO issues with my BIG BOY.

SixCats!
Where do you get those marvelous toys?!?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hi all,

I found both the Winchester SUPER X and the Gillette 1930's Short Comb "New" today.
The AVON is FULL! I think this decanter (and box) is too cool! The fragrance still smells good however, the fragrance is very short lived (no doubt due to it's age). I guess one could say, the (Deep Woods) Cologne is SHOT !

View attachment 1042586

Very nice score, Mr. Katz!

Had to get my shotshells from eBay; they are great for travel. Driving travel, that is...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And.....number 5 today (from my second source) : View attachment 1042826

SixCats!

These are beautiful, aggressive, and frequently have bent corner teeth!

AA

@FarmerTan , @Ad Astra,

LOL FarmerTan! I wonder how many others missed my sense of humor ? I posted this on at least THREE other (Facebook) Shaving Club sites. Ad Astra, last night, I took a chance and shaved (for the second time) using my Gillette NEW Deluxe Razor, however, this time, I used a Gillette NACET blade. WOW! What a FANTASTIC close shave! Also, the best part is, I received NO nicks/cuts whatsoever! I sure did however go slooooowly!

1576175692464.png

Top Bottom