What's new

How would you comment on that alpha outlaw safety razor

Beautifully built and finished, and for me a superb shaver. Bargain at the price.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

I have one. It’s a fantastic design. Just aggressive enough. Very smooth. The finish is gorgeous on mine. It will tame the cheapest of blades. Price is great. Etc.

[QUOTE =“ guitarslinger,帖子:10806562,成員:2060”]
我有一個。這是一個了不起的設計。足夠激進。很順利 在我的身上效果很漂亮。它將馴服最便宜的刀片。價格很棒。等等。
[/引用]
我也買了一個,現在仍在運輸中。與Razorock或Karve相比,您如何看待這款剃須刀的準確性

[QUOTE =“ jmudrick,帖子:10802948,成員:110214”]
精美地完成和完成,對我來說,這是一款出色的剃須刀。討價還價。
proxy.php
proxy.php

使用Tapatalk從我的LG-US998發送
[/引用]I bought one, too, and it's still in transit. What do you think of the accuracy of this razor compared to the Razorock or the Karve

[QUOTE =“ jmudrick,帖子:10802948,成員:110214”]
精美地完成和完成,對我來說,這是一款出色的剃須刀。討價還價。
proxy.php
proxy.php

使用Tapatalk從我的LG-US998發送
[/引用]I bought one, too, and it's still in transit. What do you think of the accuracy of this razor compared to the Razorock or the Karve
Not sure what is meant by accuracy but I enjoy the Outlaw more than the Karve or any of my Razorocks .

I have one and I can say that it is very well mirror polished finished and the knurling of the handle is impressive. As for the shaving, it gives a close shave, but its very smooth when you do the different passes. Finally, one thing that I like it’s the music that you can hear when is shaving during the first pass. I’m very happy with the purchase.

[QUOTE =“ jmudrick,帖子:10807223,成員:110214”]
不知道準確意味著什麼,但是我比奧卡爾(Karve)或我的任何拉佐洛克(Razorocks)更喜歡奧特洛(Outlaw)。

使用Tapatalk從我的LG-US998發送
[/引用]
謝謝您的回复。我已經買了一個,希望盡快收到

[QUOTE =“ Tallapoc,帖子:10807287,成員:67871”]
我有一個,我可以說它的鏡面拋光效果非常好,手柄的滾花效果令人印象深刻。至於剃須,它可以提供近乎剃須的效果,但是當您進行不同遍加工時,剃須效果非常平滑。最後,我喜歡的一件事是您在第一遍剃須時聽到的音樂。我對購買感到非常滿意。
[/引用]
謝謝您的回复。我已經買了一個,希望盡快收到

Just got mine! It took long to get here, but finally can grab my hands on.
For reference my #1 performers are Rockwell 6S plate 6, and Yates Precision 921 plate M - boths for excellent results while providing a careless smooth shave.

The finish is near impeccable but not perfect. I had a few "dots" that look kinda like dents like from rough handling during machining (think Fatip but not as extreme) - one on top cap side, and a couple on the handle which is minor and functionally irrelevant but aesthethically ruins the impression for such a class of product. Aside from that, the finish is mirror-like and looks gorgeous on both sides of of base plate (even inner to my surprise), and close so on top side with what looks like a darker spot on top cap, as if it was burnt at some point but it's barely noticeable. Maybe I just got lucky and the rest of the razors are better.

The handle has the best knurling I've ever held in my hand - extremely solid and slipper-proof. My only aesthethic grit is that the cut section when going through diamond knurling, cuts the diamonds imperfectly. Like, at 12 o clock the row diamond row on the border of the cut starts at the beginning, and slowly goes to the middle and then to the end of diamonds, and some of the diamonds don't look as good. I guess the diamonds don't face straight towards head but at an angle. Other than that it's a beast.

Regarding shaving, it's very smooth with barely any blade feel. I rate it as Rockwell on plate 3, with the general feel of the usual Merkur design. Feedback if loud, both high-pitched and with a deeper "bass" - plenty of feedback. Angle is intuitive and equal when both riding the cap and the safety bar, no additional aggression in-between. No nicks and resistance ATG with Derby green's on 4th use, very smooth.

I was expecting my beard region to have leftover hair I could palpate just after applying aftershave, but it was BBS. In contrast, I could feel just a tiny bit hairs on my sideburns. Visually it's a BBS, on palpation I'd rate it as DFS. Only very aggressive razors like Blackland and iKon Tech could shave me so close I couldn't palpate anything after, but it's irrelevant as it look identical.

Generally I'm impressed with the razor but a bit disappointed with the imperfections. For the asking price it's a steal for solid stainless and polished razor which also is a great smooth performer, but don't expect it to be perfect like Timeless. HK production (?) wasn't as bad as anticipated (I expected far bigger compromises) but doesn't compete with the American artisan yet JUST because of these few imperfections. I rate it Razorock out of Timeless and a good bang for your buck. If they manage to address the above issues it'd be stepping on everyones toes imo.

I just grabbed my ATT Colossus handle and it has pretty much the same thing with diamonds but less noticeable because Outlaws knurling has more texture (like Razorock UFO handle).

While the Outlaw doesn't need any hacking, some folks benefit from the additional rigidity shims provide so today I tried a sandwich, broad shim on the bottom, narrow on top, Kai blade doing the cutting. Still lotsa noise but man what a great shave. Really love using this guy.
proxy.php

Top Bottom