What's new

How wet is your brush?

Sopping wet here. Marco method with a badger. With my hard water, slowly building lather with a damp brush takes forever. Marco method makes a great lather fast, for me.
Same here. I have outrageously hard water: when you boil a pot of tap water, you get a coating of white, hard water deposits in the pot. I have yet to find a brush “too wet” to lather.

Same here. I have outrageously hard water: when you boil a pot of tap water, you get a coating of white, hard water deposits in the pot. I have yet to find a brush “too wet” to lather.
Agreed. My water is hard as well. No such thing as too wet.

I run the knot of my badger brush under running hot water for about half a minute, while also soaking the puck (in mug or whatever container it comes in) in hot water. Then I dump the water and shake the brush once, and lather up my face, adding a touch of water to the brush if necessary when picking up more soap. This works best for me.

To each his own... but I only face lather. I never found any advantage to bowl lathering, and consider it to be a waste of time.

Never really bowl lather anymore but my technique for picking up soap for my face lather remains similar.

I've got an Omega synthetic that I run under the tap for about 30 seconds. Then, a light flick, maybe little squeeze and right to the soap.

What I'm shooting for is the brush to be quite wet but not dripping. If the lather starts feeling a bit pasty, I just add couple drops of water at a time to hydrate it.

Top Bottom