What's new

How to use Wholly Kaw La Supérieure Dulci Tobacco Shave Cream?

Hello everyone. I just received and used Wholly Kaw's La Supérieure Dulci Tobacco Shave Cream from a PIF I won. However, I've never used a cream besides Proraso Red, and that was a long while ago. I stopped using them in favor of shaving soaps. From what I read, not a lot is needed, and the lather consistency is little different than that of a soap. I used about two pea size dollops, but couldn't get a rich lather. I may have added too much water or so it seemed to look like. I also mixed it in a lather bowl, so I don't know if that made a difference. I still got a very good shave, but I'm not sure if it could have been that much better. Any comments, hints, or advice for making the most out of this cream?

Eben Stone

Staff member
Have you made any progress with the lather?

I dont have it, but something I did to help gain some consistency with my shaves is to scoup out a measured amount of soap/cream. Some require a very small amount while others require a lot more. Just to give you an example, I use 1/4 tsp of most creams, but 1 tsp of Body Shop.

Try using 1/4 tsp (not sure what that is in peas, maybe 3 to 5?) and add water slowly. That should at least put you in the right ballpark.

Take a look at this video near the 1 minute mark:

Last edited:

I dont have it, but something I did to help gain some consistency with my shaves is to scoup out a measured amount of soap/cream. Some require a very small amount while others require a lot more. Just to give you an example, I use 1/4 tsp of most creams, but 1 tsp of Body Shop.

Try using 1/4 tsp (not sure what that is in peas, maybe 3 to 5?) and add water slowly. That should at least put you in the right ballpark.

Take a look at this video near the 1 minute mark:

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I think that only a small amount is needed for the Wholly Kaw, so 1/4 sounds right. I truly appreciate the help.

Some require a very small amount while others require a lot more. Just to give you an example, I use 1/4 tsp of most creams, but 1 tsp of Body Shop.

How do you find the performance of the Body Shop cream?
Is it the new formula or do you have the old formula?

I'm always intrigued by it but never cane around to trying it.

Are you exclusively using Dart nowadays or mixing up with the Artist Club?

Eben Stone

Staff member
How do you find the performance of the Body Shop cream?
Is it the new formula or do you have the old formula?

I'm always intrigued by it but never cane around to trying it.

Are you exclusively using Dart nowadays or mixing up with the Artist Club?

Body Shop is the slickest soap I've used. I have the new formula. The only problem I have with it is the lather doesn't get very dense. I use a lot of it trying to get a dense lather, probably a lot more than necessary. Southern Witchcrafts is my favorite, but I'm still interested in trying more soaps. Last night I used a Wholly Kaw vegan formula and achieved a great shave.

I've been rotating between the Dart and AC SR. I was going to sell the SS but changed my mind, so that's in the rotation too, just not very often.

Top Bottom