What's new

How to Use Up Ink Samples

This might be an easy question for folks here but I'm a noob at The Nib:

I have many ink samples of various inks I have been trying out to see what I would like to buy a bottle of later, at least 20 different samples.

I have filled my pens that have the squeeze converter system in pens like Pilot Metropolitan, Parker 51 etc as well as lever pens. Now I have quite a few sample containers with a enough ink left over to write more but the pen can't dip far enough in enough to get at it.

I know it must be a "easy solution" but short of using a syringe to put into the feed area, how does one get to use every drop of some nice Diamine, Waterman and Noodler ink samples?

Thanks / Gene

Syringe is about the only way to get every last drop. If your pen fits into the sample container, you can just use it like a dip pen.

I can see the look on her face as the Rhode Island Red hens start laying Diamine Bilberry & Waterman Audacious Red colored eggs :w00t:

I might be able to leave the couch after about a month's sentence :cursing:

Gene

I highly recommend a $5 ink syringe kit. I use mine all of the time, along with the bulb syringe.

Problem solved : I do have a syringe and I just saw where the Pilot Metropolitan (new pens for me) have the converter as removable to put in a cartridge. I can load the syringe and put into the converter or an empty Pilot cartridge.

Gene

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've poured into an eyedropper before.

This.

And of course, he means a pen which is being used with an "eyedropper fill". (Some people call that an "eyedropper conversion", but dawbing some silicone grease onto the threads doesn't seem like much of a "conversion" to me.)

Kaweco Sport and Pilot 78g are good ones for eyedropper-ing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a converter, you could remove the converter from the pen and fill it directly, that should get you to the bottom. Failing that, syringe with a blunt needle.

Top Bottom