What's new

How to use Mama Bear Soaps

Hi,

I feel dumb asking this, but I've always used creams, and never soaps, so I don't know how to use my new Mama Bear soaps to shave with. I tried it once and got very thin, watery lather. How do you use them?

Thanks.

PS Using B&B Finest brush, and the Android Scuttle.

M

modern man

Their is nutting to it.

Just wet the brush and go to town on the soap, for maybe 30 seconds to a min. Then put it on your face, if it is too thin add more soap, to thick add more water, like Goldilocks you want it just right!

MB Soaps are one of my favorites, I lather everything in a bowl as it gives me more control over the final outcome. My routine is:
1. Soak brush in bowl of hot water for at least 5 minutes.
2. Put some hot water on top of the soap in its container for about a minute.
3. Empty bowl and let brush drain and shake once gently (water is good)
4. Dump water off top of soap and start swirling the brush on it with just a little bit of pressure until you actually start to get some decent lather building there.
5. Move to lather bowl and mix there till you get the constiency ou want, adding small amounts of water as necessary.

I use this routine regardless of what type of soap I am using and get great reults everytime.

Chief

M

modern man

Be careful Chief.

Hot water on a Glycerin soap for too long will make it dissolve faster.

One thing I like to do with MB soaps--as suggested by Mama Sue herself is to make the soap conform to the jar. I do this by cutting the soap into 9 pieces like a tic tac toe table using a butter knife. The microwave to 15 seconds--stir, microwave again 10 second and repeat with shorter intervals until its largerly melted without boiling. Let cool and viola. Don't try this with milled soaps however--only gylcerin.

One thing I like to do with MB soaps--as suggested by Mama Sue herself is to make the soap conform to the jar. I do this by cutting the soap into 9 pieces like a tic tac toe table using a butter knife. The microwave to 15 seconds--stir, microwave again 10 second and repeat with shorter intervals until its largerly melted without boiling. Let cool and viola. Don't try this with milled soaps however--only gylcerin.

I believe she's now selling soaps poured directly into the jar, so you no longer have to do this yourself.

I am pouring into the jar now, but there are some pucks still.. it won't be much longer tho before they are all switched over. :wink2:

The tutorials are both great, but to me the most important part is that you want to 'load' your brush with soap in the container that it comes in and then transfer your loaded brush out.......build your lather either on your wet face, or in another bowl (adding water).

Let us know how it goes Android....:smile:

Sue,

PS, what is an Android Scuttle??

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I am pouring into the jar now, but there are some pucks still.. it won't be much longer tho before they are all switched over. :wink2:

Will there still be pucks for those who want to refill those snazzy marble jars?

Top Bottom