What's new

How to trim mustache, under nose?

I can't get my trimmer's guide to the area just below my nose. (my nose is in the way :lol:)

How do I trim it to the same length as the rest of my mustache?

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I'll let those with experience to assist you.

I see that you don't post at B and B often.

I've only used scissors for trimming the stache, so I can't really offer any advice on using an electric trimmer, either...

strop

Now half as wise
I only use scissors. I'm trying to visualize what you are trying to do, but can't. How short/long are you trying to keep it? Scissors seem mush easier in my opinion at least.

all these are good suggestions.. but I doubt that a small pair of mustache scissors will be strong enough to trim your nose...

:oops:or did you meant to trim the 'stache?

If I use scissors, how do I keep that area at 1/2" like the rest of my beard?
Get a 12.7mm (or 15mm, was a little over 1/2") comb, I assume? Where can I find one?

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
Are you trying to maintain what you already have? Or are you growing it out for the first time? A picture of what you want to accomplish might help. I don't want to be judgemental, but I can't envision a mustache with uniform 1/2 in. hair that would look right, at least to me. Usually one combs it down and trims it evenly across, often with the top of the lip.

Are you trying to maintain what you already have? Or are you growing it out for the first time? A picture of what you want to accomplish might help. I don't want to be judgemental, but I can't envision a mustache with uniform 1/2 in. hair that would look right, at least to me. Usually one combs it down and trims it evenly across, often with the top of the lip.

I'm trying to make All of my facial hair .5-.6" long.
No pic at the moment, can get one in a couple weeks - I trimmed too short and look silly, going down to 10mm was too much. lol

Last edited:
I think this is Cool to let you all know , Pricesavers Store on ebay has a [buy it now] price of $49.99 on the DOVO 43-456 stainless Moustache Travel Set (beard and moustache scissors , beard or stache comb/bush with the leather case), I paid $85 for mine , and $46 or $49 just for the scissors for my Son-N-Law , GREAT PRICE ! They've offered the Travel Set as high as $79.99 regularly . Just the scissors alone regularly sell for $55 ! ... most places , anyway . They're the BEST Mustache Scissor made (IMO) , the 43-456 Stainless are the Very Best Professional Model , nice leather case . I love mine !

Top Bottom