What's new

How to store multiple soaps

The wide array of soaps available just beg us to have a bunch on hand to mix and match as the day's shave desires, but how to store them all?

I'm just switching from cream in a tug to soap. Having multiple tubs around was no problem. I bought a nice mixing bowl for the soap, but what about the second soap, do I have to purchase a bowl for each type?

What do other folks do to have mulitple soaps available without blowing a bunch of money on bowls?

Thanks,
Bernie

Bernie,
Most shave soaps are available for purchase in a bowl of some sort (usually wooden, sometimes plastic). If you purchase a soap that does not come in a bowl, you will have to purchase a bowl for it.

I'm not a soap user, but the ones who post here have mentioned a set of plastic tubs sold at Target--the tubs are just the right size for the soap cakes, and come with matching lids to keep the soaps dry in between uses.

Hi Bernie,

and Welcome to B&B...:001_smile :001_smile
At the moment I have 6 soaps in my rotation and asked me the same question, how to store it???
Last week I've bought a bunch of tins with lid where you can allways keep food(salad, cheese and so on) fresh.
After use I let the soaps dry out, put the lid on it and store it in my bathroom-cabinet.
I can post a picture if desired???

Thomas

Specialty Bottle sells metal tins that I use to hold my soaps. I bought a number for holding the soaps I purchased from SCS and I just dampen the bottom of the puck and push it onto the bottom of the tin, let it dry and it seems to stay in place nicely. (I don't really feel like melting my soaps down for a perfect fit. Call me lazy if you wish)

Are they theses guys; http://www.specialtybottle.com/ ?

fuerein said:
Specialty Bottle sells metal tins that I use to hold my soaps. I bought a number for holding the soaps I purchased from SCS and I just dampen the bottom of the puck and push it onto the bottom of the tin, let it dry and it seems to stay in place nicely. (I don't really feel like melting my soaps down for a perfect fit. Call me lazy if you wish)

Yup. One and the same. I use the "Tin Containers (standard)" and just choose the size with a diameter large enough for the poor homeless soap. Feels good knowing I gave a homeless soap a home.

I keep my soaps in small Glad ware containers. I just let them dry after using tham then I put the lid on and put them in the cabinet. They stack really well.

I'm thinking that those tin containers are a great way to have a standard for all the soaps in a collection.

In addition to looking neater it would lower the cost of acquisition since you'd only need to buy the refill of soaps like DR Harris, Floris, L'Occitane etc. rather than the costly wood/ceramic/tin bowl.

So what are the dimensions of your favorite soap?

The Trumper's I have seem to be 3.25" in diameter by 1.25" in depth.

Bob

Bob.

The only soaps I currently have in those tins are from SCS and her soaps very easily fit in the 4oz. 3.3Dia x 1.3height tins.

Bernie Hunt said:
The wide array of soaps available just beg us to have a bunch on hand to mix and match as the day's shave desires, but how to store them all?

I'm just switching from cream in a tug to soap. Having multiple tubs around was no problem. I bought a nice mixing bowl for the soap, but what about the second soap, do I have to purchase a bowl for each type?

What do other folks do to have mulitple soaps available without blowing a bunch of money on bowls?

Thanks,
Bernie

Bernie,

See this post http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4661 in the B&B Pictorial and Video Forum.

Top Bottom