What's new

How to spray a small amount of cologne?

My dad used to take a damp washcloth and spray that with cologne, then use that to apply to face, neck, etc..

That is a great idea!

Applying to wet skin, it can be spread around more too, if you need it less concentrated-to cover a broader area for the amount used.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I normally spray the cologne on my neck and my chest. I used to use 5 sprays but I was “that guy” you could smell coming. So I am down to 2 to 3 sprays depending on the strength of the cologne/fragrance.

I normally spray the cologne on my neck and my chest. I used to use 5 sprays but I was “that guy” you could smell coming. So I am down to 2 to 3 sprays depending on the strength of the cologne/fragrance.
We all thank you for your self imposed restraint. Lol!

I spray it on my wrists, inside my elbows, shoulder, mid chest, other shoulder, back neck, both sides of chest and on my stomach. I want to enjoy the scent all day and for almost all of my colognes I can smell it on my wrists the next morning! I am fortunate to have a large enough collection that I am now wearing different scents every day and I'm enjoying it! Other have commented that they enjoy it too!

I spray it on my wrists, inside my elbows, shoulder, mid chest, other shoulder, back neck, both sides of chest and on my stomach. I want to enjoy the scent all day and for almost all of my colognes I can smell it on my wrists the next morning! I am fortunate to have a large enough collection that I am now wearing different scents every day and I'm enjoying it! Other have commented that they enjoy it too!
Sounds like you've got it covered pretty well! Enjoy your scents!

I am finding that my concern over using a small amount has been a bit misdirected I do find that a full pump, or two, is what I actually need and can get by with. My first concern was getting headaches because I am very scent sensitive, but I am finding the Art of Shaving Bourbon and Amber cologne very agreeable to me.

Spray once, pointing away from you, then walk through the mist. That one spray will then be spread over a wider area, than if you pointed it towards you.
+1

It sounds like you already have the product you want to use but the other thing you could consider is getting the same scent in a weaker product like and Eau de Toillette. Not sure if I'm passing on information that you already know but Toilettes, Colognes, Parfums, etc. have different concentrations of oils and typically have different characteristics in how far the scent goes in both space and time.
This article explains it all if you're interested. The Difference Between Perfume, Cologne and Other Fragrances

+1

It sounds like you already have the product you want to use but the other thing you could consider is getting the same scent in a weaker product like and Eau de Toillette. Not sure if I'm passing on information that you already know but Toilettes, Colognes, Parfums, etc. have different concentrations of oils and typically have different characteristics in how far the scent goes in both space and time.
This article explains it all if you're interested. The Difference Between Perfume, Cologne and Other Fragrances
Very informative article, thanks for posting the link. :)

Top Bottom