What's new

how to soften bottom of soap,not melt?

cade is huge as you know. it does not quite touch the bottom of my new bowl. it is fine but i would like it a little deeper in the bowl. i just want the bottom of the soap to touch the bottom of the bowl. i do not wish to completely get it stuck to the bowl. i tried warm water but looked like it would take a lot of work. the bowl is not microwave/oven friendly. is there a way to mold the soap to the bottom of the bowl without melting it completely?

use a knife to shave off the sides of the puck till it is small enough to sit in the bottom of the bowl.
just put the shavings on the bottom of the bowl, as they get we they will stick to the puck so you won't have much if any loss of the soap from doing this.

cade is huge as you know. it does not quite touch the bottom of my new bowl. it is fine but i would like it a little deeper in the bowl. i just want the bottom of the soap to touch the bottom of the bowl. i do not wish to completely get it stuck to the bowl. i tried warm water but looked like it would take a lot of work. the bowl is not microwave/oven friendly. is there a way to mold the soap to the bottom of the bowl without melting it completely?

When I bought Cade I milled it and pressed it into my container (I ground it down with a cheese grater) worked fine, though I don't like the soap. Can't think of anything else you could do, sorry.

Cade is kind of squishy it's not a hard triple milled soap. I just pressed it into a 1 cup pyrex bowl. I cut a tiny notch in the side of the puck so air could escape otherwise the soap sealed against the sides and the air underneath kept it from seating all the way down. just push it in and it gives to the pressure.

i scored the bottom and sides,wet the entire puck and pushed it in. i was afraid the bowl would break but it is actually rather soft after what i did to it. i do not know if it is touching the bottom now but it is in there good enough. so i sort of did a combination of what was suggested. except the cheese grater. that is a good idea too though. i wanted it in it's original form. i wonder if i could even squish it in my hands next time. it is indeed a soft soap for triple milled. i won't use a soap with tallow for personal reasons and cade is certainly better than vdh. not that vdh is so bad. thank you for the suggestions guys.

just when i thought i have seen everything....that is wonderful. i am going to order some. i do not even think it is too expensive given aqua de parma and all. thank you for showing me this. the french share my love of veggie soap and nice bowls.

There is also Institute Karite, Pre de provence, Provence Sante, La toja................. I mean if you like veggie soaps.

Top Bottom