What's new

How to quote only part of a post

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
When quoting a post, you do not have to quote the entire post.
If there is just a part of the post you want to quote,

Image1.png

highlight the portion you want to quote, and the floating "quote" button will appear.
Image2.png

You click "quote" on the floating buttton, then go where you want the quoted portion to appear, and in the bottom of the new post area, click "insert quotes".
Image3.png

You'll get a pop up to insert the portion of the quote you selected
Image4.png

Only the portion you highlighted will be quoted, but you will still get the member name and post information transferred over.
Image5.png

Hit "post reply" and you're done.

Click on the quote you inserted and you will still be taken to the members whole post.

Last edited:
highlight the portion you want to quote, and the floating "quote" button will appear.
As an option, with the text highlighted as before, hit the floating Reply button (next to the floating Quote button, as shown in the screen capture) and the highlighted section will be automatically inserted as a quote in the reply box in a single step, ready for you to add your sterling prose.

The Reply button is one-and-done; the more sophisticated Quote button lets you choose multiple quotes and reply to different quotes separately.

(please delete if this is muddying the water :) )

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As an option, with the text highlighted as before, hit the floating Reply button (next to the floating Quote button, as shown in the screen capture) and the highlighted section will be automatically inserted as a quote in the reply box in a single step, ready for you to add your sterling prose.

The Reply button is one-and-done; the more sophisticated Quote button lets you choose multiple quotes and reply to different quotes separately.

(please delete if this is muddying the water :) )
Everytime you try to explain stuff to me I just put on my Polaroid sun glasses friend.

My eyes gloss over as soon as I see "muddying the water!"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@haggis : I'm sure you are a great teacher.

I'm even more sure I'm a lousy student. I have to take my socks off when it gets harder than "10 + 1 = ?" True story doggone!

Top Bottom