What's new

How to properly clean old razors

Looks like somebody's collection. I wonder if this is an old member of B&B who has passed away or somebody got caught opening the wrong drawers and a scorned woman is having her revenge!
It does seem like that, you know.
Any random box of "used razors" is going to have more variety and some duds in it, like split handles, bent comb teeth, mismatched handles, scratches and corrosion, etc.
This bunch looks to have been curated and gently used by someone with some preferences. All TTOs, all Gillettes, too.

It's like finding one of those mythical "barn cars".

There were many more in the box on the rummage sale table, at least three more of the toggle switch type.
:a47:

If they have another sale go back and get them, in all seriousness I would take one off your hands for a fair price and I'm sure others here would too.

You have to be kidding me.

Cant discount that entirely :)

OP says he joined B&B just to post this cleaning question....his post was dated yesterday but he signed up on 3 Jan 2019....so who knows....anyway I love a good **** take....and if so, this is one of the best yet. And I think we are about to witness a spike in church attendance from now on.

With any luck, maybe we will also get to see the razor art project soon.

OP says he joined B&B just to post this cleaning question....his post was dated yesterday but he signed up on 3 Jan 2019....so who knows....anyway I love a good **** take....and if so, this is one of the best yet. And I think we are about to witness a spike in church attendance from now on.

Perhaps there are some naughty members of another shaving forum giggling about us atm lol....

What art project?
It's all a transparent tissue of odious lies!
He's having us for his sport!

I bought a box of old razors for $ 6.00 dollars ( $ 1.00 each ) at a Church Rummage Sale ( photo attached ), and wanted to know how to correctly clean the razors without damaging them. I just gave them a basic clean with hand soap, but thinking about using an ultrasonic cleaner. Do you think that the Gold paint will come off the Gold two gold razors ? I don't plan to shave with these, just maybe use them for an Art project, but don't want to destroy the finish of them. Thanks for your help.

View attachment 985537

I need to go to church more lol.

Top Bottom