What's new

How to prevent nicks from reopening

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's had this problem, two days ago I nicked myself on the jaw line. Yesterday when I was shaving I nicked the same spot and it happened again today. I'm pretty sure that at this point the cut hasn't had time to heal and I've just been reopening it. Does anyone have some tips on preventing this from happening? It seems to happen on my second pass so for tomorrow I'm only going to do one pass, I put some aftershave with alcohol directly on the spot today, I'm hoping that helps the healing.

You could shave around it until it heals, but I'm curious about the liquid bandage called New Skin in the drugstore. I don't know if you could shave over it, but it might be worth a try.

Haven't had a nick reopen. I could see nicking myself in the same spot. That being said I shave over my nicks, cat scratches, etc. and haven't had an issue.

must of been a big nick.avoid the second pass at the nick,go the weekend w/o a shave,superglue works cheaper than the liquid bandage which is just superglue.while learning to use oc'sid nick the same place every time.id shave around it till it healed.dont give up you will get better at it:thumbup1:

So I figured out why I kept cutting the same spot. I assumed that it just hadn't fully healed, but apparently I have a bald spot on my jaw line and one on my neck. The two spots I kept nicking myself. I found a super adjustable at an antique store this weekend and that's offering a much more comfortable shave then the lord l6 i was using. I didn't have any irritation at all or cuts for the first time since switching to a double edge razor. I have it set on two right now :)

You could shave around it until it heals, but I'm curious about the liquid bandage called New Skin in the drugstore. I don't know if you could shave over it, but it might be worth a try.

New Skin (and the generic knockoffs) is excellent for sealing cracked skin and things like paper cuts or small cuts where a bandaid won't work. But it does leave some of itself above the skin line, so I don't think it would be advisable to shave over it.

So I figured out why I kept cutting the same spot. I assumed that it just hadn't fully healed, but apparently I have a bald spot on my jaw line and one on my neck. The two spots I kept nicking myself. I found a super adjustable at an antique store this weekend and that's offering a much more comfortable shave then the lord l6 i was using. I didn't have any irritation at all or cuts for the first time since switching to a double edge razor. I have it set on two right now :)

My go to advise to all, the Gillette adjustable.

Top Bottom