What's new

How to prepare brand new Yaqi rainbow 26 knot Synthetic brush for first use?

Your brush needs no prep, IMHO. Just wet it and load the soap.

+1. You could wash the knot through with a little dish soap and warm water, making sure to rinse it thoroughly, if you're paranoid about possible infection. However, I didn't bother with any such step with my Yaqi brushes and haven't suffered any ill effects.

You don’t need to break it in or anything but They may possibly have a bit of brownish goo come out first use.. I just recently got the exact same brush I did and just did a palm lather to get the goo out

They are an amazing brush and the pony knot is perfect.. good luck

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Water. Soap. Face.
i like that rainbow handle thought of getting it many times. Post how you like it? Cheers

It may be overkill, but for health reasons I soak a new brush in hot water using the Shipshape cleaning product.

Generally, with any new brush, I will apply a little shampoo and generate a lather in my hand or a bowl and then rinse it out. With a synthetic brush, one such washing should be sufficient. If there are any oils left from the manufacturing process, the shampoo should remove them.

With a natural hair/bristle brush, it may take a few washings to get rid of any animal funk.

Id just give it a wash with some water and dish soap to get any chemicals, dirty, germs, etc that it may have accumulated when it was being made and being shipped.
Its not big deal and it certainly needs less love than a natural hair brush would.

I lather it, let it sit an hour, then rinse. Repeat, then use it. Some like to use it without any prep, I prefer a couple of lathers, then I use it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
i just received this brush in the mail yesterday and forgot about this thread until this morning. anyway I had the new brush set out to use and as I was lathering it up I realized i didn't rinse or wash it out first. its a great brush by the way. i love that brown knot.

Top Bottom