What's new

How to Mill any soap into a container ~ Photo Tutorial

&original=1[/IMG]

I know someone will ask so this is the ingredient list of Speick-

full

This process will work with glycerin as well as tallow based soaps so stop chasing the puck around your cup and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Masterfully explained...so easy a caveman could do it.

Seriously though, this is very well done. It is simple and to the point without sacrificing content. It does a nice job of demystifying the process.

Masterfully explained...so easy a caveman could do it.

Seriously though, this is very well done. It is simple and to the point without sacrificing content. It does a nice job of demystifying the process.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great pics of a process often discussed. Now, I'm off to find some carrot cake...

Randy

The biggest problem I see, is to remember to clean the grater before using on cheese or other food products next time. My wife would not be happy if I used our grater to do this.

I guess I'll have to buy myself an official Shaving Soap Shredding device. I hope this doesn't lead to a new disorder.....SSSDAD. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to shred/mill an entire puck (short on time, lazy, etc) you can just mill all around a puck using a standard grater until you get the puck small enough to be covered top, bottom, and sides with the milled soap. The process is the same as above, but you just don't mill the entire puck. This can speed up the process quite a bit.

I forgot to try this last time, but I am guessing that throwing the soap in the freezer for a few minutes will help prevent "soap smear" on the grater during the process due to the heat from holding the soap.

:a14: :a14: :a14:

this is very informative...shows just how easy it is while providing enough detail to answer questions before they're asked (like "what do I do with the unshredded nubs of soap?")

Great tutorial, Jim.:a14:
I have used this method quite a few times as well, and it works great. You can also use one of those standard four sided cheese graters, just make sure that you use the finest grating size.

The biggest problem I see, is to remember to clean the grater before using on cheese or other food products next time. My wife would not be happy if I used our grater to do this.

I guess I'll have to buy myself an official Shaving Soap Shredding device. I hope this doesn't lead to a new disorder.....SSSDAD. :rolleyes:

Well of course-Resistance is futile! Anything done well is worth repeating, so of course you will need a grater just for your soaps.:wink:

Mmmm, Parmegiano Speickiano.....

Now all it needs is a picture of Rachel Ray and Giada! :drool:

Marty

Top Bottom