What's new

How to Mill any soap into a container ~ Photo Tutorial

Or put it in the container and stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. More if it needs it. It melts and re-sets to the shape of the base. Works great!

Or put it in the container and stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. More if it needs it. It melts and re-sets to the shape of the base. Works great!

That can be an option for glycerin based soaps. Tallow based soaps cannot be melted without a great deal of trouble, hence this method.

Very nice Jim! I like that method much better than the one i saw on the schwarzweisskeramik.de website. a lot less messy i'm sure. Mark

I just would have one concern with this:

I might wake up after a short night and, in a half-asleep daze, go into the bathroom, and start eating what I thought was shredded cheese!

Just kidding. Great tutorial. The pictures really make it clear. Well done!
-Josh

^

&original=1[/IMG]
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictorial. Another thought that comes to mind is that you could do custom blends of different soaps. Lets say you had the above mentioned Speick shave stick and a cake of whatever. Just grate away and blend the two in the bowl. It would make for some interesting combinations.

Regards, Todd

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Great pictorial. Another thought that comes to mind is that you could do custom blends of different soaps. Lets say you had the above mentioned Speick shave stick and a cake of whatever. Just grate away and blend the two in the bowl. It would make for some interesting combinations.

Regards, Todd

I did this with a few soaps I wasn't using and added an Arko shave stick. Now I can use them.

So, if you do that a few times, is it triple-milled? Or is there more to that?

I'm on the lookout for some wee glass bowls now! :thumbup1:

Jim,

Where did you obtain the jar you used in this tutorial? I'm looking at buying some HoneyBee Spa Soap and will need to a good jar for it.

Thanks

Jim,

Where did you obtain the jar you used in this tutorial? I'm looking at buying some HoneyBee Spa Soap and will need to a good jar for it.

Thanks

Is the honeybee soap a glycerin soap? If so, you could just microwave it for 15 seconds and then pop it in the fridge to re-harden it in the jar.

Ishamael
Welcome to the B&B!

Thanks! So far I am loving it!

To contribute, I just ordered some Honeybee soap myself - is it a glycerine based soap, or not? Because I already have a container that I can put it in, but if it doesn't melt easy like the glycerine stuff, I will use this grating method to fit it in my cool new bowl!

Thanks! So far I am loving it!

To contribute, I just ordered some Honeybee soap myself - is it a glycerine based soap, or not? Because I already have a container that I can put it in, but if it doesn't melt easy like the glycerine stuff, I will use this grating method to fit it in my cool new bowl!

Yes it is glycerin based, if you over process it you may loose some of the fragrance so go easy on the melting! You are going to love it.

Top Bottom