What's new

How to Mill any soap into a container ~ Photo Tutorial

I have some glycerin and milled soaps of the same scent, I guess I can shred the milled one, melt the glycerin one and pack/mix the shavings on top of the melted one.

B

Black Cow

Hey, new to the forums, thanks for the help. I am having trouble viewing the pictures in the photo tutorial, they are not coming up. Any suggestions?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
just got my new puck of Provence Sante (wonderful stuff, by the way) into an unused Mama Bears tub this way. I used the plastic wrap, smash it with the bottom of a shotglass method to pack it in. Wonderful results!

I saw this earlier and having a Zyliss grater and a couple of shave sticks I didn't like using as shave sticks, I tried this earlier and milled a Speick into an old diner ceramic mug. Worked great! Thanks for the tip.

off to the dollar store to get a cheese grater and either a cheap coffe mug or ashtray, going to try using a bar of dr. bronners tea tree soap to shave with.

off to the dollar store to get a cheese grater and either a cheap coffe mug or ashtray, going to try using a bar of dr. bronners tea tree soap to shave with.

+1 on the dollar store i got a cheap grater and a few cheap sticks of deodorant i then removed the product leaving me with empty containers and milled some soap to make some shaving sticks

I really appreciate you posting this article online! Awhile back I was experimenting with a bar of Canus Goat Milk soap and it worked great! Actually better than the DR Harris I'm now using to be honest. But I didnt know how to mill it down to go into a small container for use. So this helps me a ton. Thanks!!!!!!! :)

Jim, I know this thread is 5-6 years old, but I have two questions,

1. Did you get that Zyliss at Zabars, and

2. What is that bitchin' font you are using with your brother P-Touch labeler!

Gents - Question for ya: I've milled a number of soaps into their own jars and never had this happen. Recently I took a puck of Burts Bees Bay Rum soap, and milled into into a similar dish used in the OP's pics. It did not have a lid. I tell you this because the original packaging of the soap was open to air (not wrapped with anything but a cardboard box w/ a circular hole cut to see the puck) and I know a number of gents use mugs, bowls, whatever without lids.

Anyways, the puck has started to crack and appears to be "rising" a bit. I've included a pic. Is this a concern at all? Should I add a bit of water? Did I not "pack" it in well enough (which I used not only a similar dish a/ wax paper but also used my 240 lb body weight)?

$Photo1.jpg

Thanks in advance for the input and feedback.

No worries Bull, its just the water in the soap evaporating, just use it and it will be OK.

Top Bottom