What's new

How to mill any soap into a container (food processor version) ~ Photo Tutorial

The tools you will need - food processor (and permission to use it), soap, knife/cutting board (to coarsely chop the soap), soap bowl(s), wax paper (or parchment paper), espresso tamper (or other tamping device).

Note: this is just the food processor version of Jim's: How to Mill any soap into a container ~ Photo Tutorial

Milling Speick and Erasmic shave sticks
full

full

Hold on tight - high velocity chunks of soap
full

full

I washed the food processor bowl before milling the second soap
full

full

full

Use as much pressure and weight as you can when tamping
full

full

The Erasmic soap was pretty dry, so I add a small doses of water whilst tamping
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually makes me want to mill the new reformulated Pens with a Valobra stick and see what comes of it.

I just did this with a puck of Williams and mixed it with a puck of VDH Select. I ran them both with the grating blade first,them with the blade pictured above. Packed them in a small plastic jar with a screw on lid. Made a pretty good shave soap on the cheap.

Thank you for posting those photos.

With this technique, do you think it would be possible to improve the scent of a Williams puck or of an Arko stick by adding a drop or two of a fragrance oil or a cologne?

With this technique, do you think it would be possible to improve the scent of a Williams puck or of an Arko stick by adding a drop or two of a fragrance oil or a cologne?

Improve on the scent of Arko? How does one improve perfection? :tongue_sm:lol: Kidding.

I have never tried added essential/fragrance oils or colognes to non-melt-and-pour soaps. My guess it that the oil or cologne scent would be too volatile to have a long term lasting effect, but I am not sure!?!?!? Also, you'd probably need more than a drop or two to overcome the stench of Arko and/or Williams.

Top Bottom