What's new

How to make your favorite Gin Martini

I should have said earlier that sometimes I like a Navy strength gin. Its strength and flavor really punch through the vermouth, so maybe 3 to 1. A very satisfying martini. But two of these is a lot, so I not usually go out of my way to use Navy strength.

Plymouth gin, angostura bitters, lemon twist. Might not be a classic martini but I serve it in a martini glass. So, close enough for me. Haven’t had one in quite a while. Think I need to picke up a bottle soon.

Plymouth gin, angostura bitters, lemon twist. Might not be a classic martini but I serve it in a martini glass. So, close enough for me. Haven’t had one in quite a while. Think I need to picke up a bottle soon.
Try that with orange bitters instead of Angostura. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
A twist on the classic pink gin.

You guys ever have a Smoky Martini? It uses London-type Scotch instead of vermouth. Served with a lemon twist. Using a Scotch with a strong peat taste changes the taste quite a bit.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The drinks from the last few posts all sound rather tasty, but none of them are a Martini, unless one wants to go with that bastardized definition that essentially means "a drink served in a stemmed cocktail glass."

The drinks from the last few posts all sound rather tasty, but none of them are a Martini, unless one wants to go with that bastardized definition that essentially means "a drink served in a stemmed cocktail glass."

If we all adhered to that principal, this would be a rather short and boring list.

If we all adhered to that principal, this would be a rather short and boring list.
Short, yes. Boring, no. If I'm posting a question about a steak, it means I'm talking about beef. Ham and lamb chops are also delicious, but that doesn't mean I'm asking for a mint jelly recipe.

(And while I'm generally pretty flexible on most things and love fusion cuisine, there's no such thing as a "vodka martini." Now get off my lawn!)

44289A9B-254F-4344-8B37-016448D75925.jpeg
Cheers All, Saturday night Bombay Sapphire martini

Right gin, perruchi extra dry vermouth 3:1, stirred. Served up with a twist of lemon, expressed. Perfection.

Top Bottom