What's new

How to make a wooden brush handle without a lathe or drill press

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And as Zaphod Beeblebrox said in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio program said, "I'm so hip I can barely see over my pelvis"!!!
I only read the first book, Probably a lifetime ago... But yes, I used to drive my poor only begotten son crazy with statements like that.

One time, just before he got married at the ripe old age of 21, I was feeling old, and asked if his friends liked me enough for me to talk with them at his reception, and he said, "shoot, they think you are the sweetest OLD MAN (emphasis mine) " I still am not sure if I should be insulted or button poppin' proud!

Ya know, I am as certain of my eternal resting place as a human can be, but the older I get the more I'd like to be around for any future grand kids, etc.... My years with my son flew so fast....

A while back, Nick sent some borrowed razors back to me. He also included a tub of unscented Captain's Choice soap. And, very generously, one of his brush handles made in this ingenious way! I finally set a knot in it, one of my favorites, an @apshaveco SynBad bulb, 24mm. First use will be tomorrow!

5_29 Nick 3.jpg

5_29 Nick 1.jpg

5_29 Nick 2.jpg

Thanks again, Nick! I think it looks great.

A while back, Nick sent some borrowed razors back to me. He also included a tub of unscented Captain's Choice soap. And, very generously, one of his brush handles made in this ingenious way! I finally set a knot in it, one of my favorites, an @apshaveco SynBad bulb, 24mm. First use will be tomorrow!

View attachment 1463983
View attachment 1463984
View attachment 1463985

Thanks again, Nick! I think it looks great.

@MaineYooper Hey Eric! I couldn't agree more! Great choice for the knot. This piece of veneer has such an interesting diagonal cross-grain thing going on. Hopefully the socket was deep enough to set your knot. I set mine pretty shallow. I excited to hear how it goes!

Top Bottom