What's new

How To Make A Blade Bank For Under 50 Cents….

Frankly, I am using a Fabric softener bottle. I seal it with superglue that works with plastics and duct tape. Write sharps on the outside on 4 sides.

Been using a re-purposed 8 oz. Hunt tomato sauce can for about 5 years. Still not full. I use roughly a blade a week, so it's got about 250 blades in there. Getting full, but I'm not concerned ...yet.

Am I the only goober who actually uses a tin blade bank that you can buy retail?

I got mine for free from Maggards when they had a small error in my shipment awhile back. So I guess that's good. But I like it.
Nope.. I paid good money for mine...:a14:

I found a cute bank at the dollar store!
IMG_20170621_073759.jpg

My wife and I each take our own one a day vitamins, each take B complex, and use a lot of spices while cooking so needless to say I have plenty of small containers around as these empty out. The vitamin containers work really well but my favorite are spice containers, they are usually clear so it's easier to see as it fills and they usually have a flip top which is quicker then screw top. I don't paint mine because I keep it in the medicine cabinet so looks are irrelevant to me. My wife also really appreciates me making it so our little pup can't get to them and she usually throws her used carts in there as well.

This actually got me thinking... My black pepper tin is almost full and I have a plastic flip top B vitamin container to start filling soon.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have a template I use to print on a mailing label. Then just cut and stick on an empty flip top vitamin bottle.

proxy.php

A small Jiff peanut butter plastic bottle works great. Cut a small hole in the plastic lid and I'm set.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I got a bank with kittens on it at the dollar store in 2012. I think it will only last a while longer.

No sharp edges. No painting. Looks nice on the shelf. When it's full I'll go to the dollar store and get another bank. But if you like arts and crafts (or you need the 50 cents) knock yourself out.

Yep. Sold. That's the easiest option for me given my lack of bathroom shelf space.
I have at least half a dozen eclipse tins lying around.

Now, how to knife the bottom of a tiny tin without a vise...!

I used an empty alum block case, taped the lid closed, and cut a slot on the end of it. Been using the same case for almost 2 yrs now and its still only half full. When I'm done with it and ts filled up I will simply dispose of it in the trash can and in the land fill it will go, safely, as it should!!

What kind of blades are those? I see it’s a Gillette Made In Mexico, are they vintage?

Yes, they're a NOS lot from the 90's I bought from a local sellers, now I am tracking another lot and a Tech razor from the 70's or early 80´s
www.JPG
asas.JPG

Cheers

My blade bank is an empty Pringles box, cutted the plastic lid with a hobby knife and ready. You can tape the cap with black electro tape, so the others in the family knows it's not an original Pringles, the cardboard of the box is hard enough to withstand the force of a falling blade.

Top Bottom