What's new

how to get the best results in WTG shaving ?

hello to everyone :)
I always shave WTG (With The Grain) pass, because the other passes (xtg,atg) makes me a lot of irritation.
What the method\technique to get the best results in WTG shaving?
now i using in aggressive razor and aggressive blade: Muhle R41+Feather , and Gillette Slim Adjustable settings 9 with Feather Blade.
my shaving cream is: Nivea Original Shaving cream (Blue box).

Thank you very much....

Welcome! Not sure I can be much help as I do a 3 pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) shave. I also prefer mild/moderate razors. That said, I have two suggestions:
1. Assure that you have determined the best angle for the razor.
2. NO pressure!

Out of curiosity, is the motivation here speed? At least for me, there is a limit to what I can accomplish in terms of closeness with a single pass. If you are trying to do this in order to reduce irritation, which is what you imply in the OP, then perhaps the better approach to consider is to dial it back in terms of aggressiveness and do a 2 or 3 pass shave.

You can shave in a slant pattern. Look up the "Gillette Slide." It is a generally WTG pass, but you move razor diagonally while making the pass.

i can't get a BBS shave with only a WTG pass, have you tried the Slim ATG on a 1, 2 or 3 setting? i use Feather; however, you might consider a less aggressive blade on the ATG.

there's always a plan B.

If I were to do only a WTG pass it would look as if I did not shave. With a light touch and the correct angle multiple passes work for me.

Top Bottom