What's new

how to get past the "not cuttin g hair"compulsion?

by this i mean going over the same area a bunch of times because you dont believe the blade is cutting like it should, when in all actuality its cutting fine. also goes hand in hand with trying to get as much as possible fora pass. how did you learn to trust your razor and not judge by in shave results to make a judgement

Getting a good shave is easier with well-trained muscle memory. If you use the same equipment every shave, it will become something you don't have to think about very much. So, I'd suggest getting your shave angles consistent and doing two or three passes more or less on autopilot. Then, you can go around and touch up any areas you missed, which should be just a few (usually along jawline and chin area, possibly some curves in the neck area ). Going over the same area again and again more than that shouldn't be necessary.

i got so used to shaving with a straight razors that were not shave ready that i had to use lots of pressure and 5-6 swipes over a single area to get a clean cut and i just have had a hard time with that part. the pressuer i think i fixed but not the multiple swipes

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
i got so used to shaving with a straight razors that were not shave ready that i had to use lots of pressure and 5-6 swipes over a single area to get a clean cut and i just have had a hard time with that part. the pressuer i think i fixed but not the multiple swipes

A classic problem. The fix for a ‘not shave ready’ edge is not more pressure, it’s a better edge. The cure?

Wax on, wax off …. (The Karate Kid)

I do a three pass shave the same way every time, no exceptions. Don’t know if I get every square inch BBS but I also don’t worry about it. Normally it’s a good enough shave that I have very little stubble the next day.

You can keep a DE handy to check areas for closeness. It is possible that you’re not getting as close as you would like even with an otherwise good shaving razor.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
If your shave isn't perfect BBS, probably nobody will notice but you. I never worry about it. I do a single pass and usually it is pretty good all over but if I miss a spot or an area isn't all that close, no biggie.

Top Bottom