What's new

How to get outstanding results of the La Lune hones?

The top pic is a small 2x3" chunk that has the black inclusion tells, and the bottom pic I am less convinced of, but it does have some of the metallic character of the other two steely-blue stones in the group photo. You can see the end saw marks in the lower pic which are on the 2.5x5" stone that is obviously a special stone. It has all of the idiosyncratic tells.
Could you add some detail shots of the other ones you posted ?

Attachments

• $DSC00349.jpg
    $DSC00349.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 46
  • $DSC00350.jpg
    $DSC00350.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 46
The stone in the bottom picture was advertised as "VINTAGE GOOD QUALITY RAZOR HONE SHARPENING STONE 4 15/16" X 2 3/8" X 1" GOOD CON". Didn't say la lune or special stone, but I thought it looked like it might be, and since the stone had no labels or stamps, and was not in any condition to hone on when I received it, I suppose the wording could be a coincidence. Peculiar.

I have not put it through any tests yet. So many stones, and only one face. I am reduced to shaving my legs.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
HAD has definitely gotten hold of you Steve. Glad I don't have that problem......:001_smile

Birds of a feather. I really like the box of chocolates that lots can be. Plus once you get a good pile of rocks, you can continue to rediscover them. If I liquidated my HAD, I know I would be way ahead, because my dollars keep getting worth less all the time. And I refuse to get in a bidding war. The stones are a good savings plan :wink2:

Feel free to use any of those excuses at your discretion.
HAD has definitely gotten hold of you Steve. Glad I don't have that problem......:001_smile

Top Bottom