What's new

How to find my scent?

Used the last days to test perfumes in shops. I will report lateron that.

For now I want to write about me smelling Iso E Super in perfumes and on people. Sometimes I get a whiff of Iso E Super, when people pass, and from perfumes like l'Occitane Cedrat and also from something from Agua di Parma beginning with s. That smells for me exactly like Molecule 01. Really strange.

Been through Molecule 01 to 04. Don't like any.

At La Fayette I had the chance to test some Acqua di Parma perfumes. Most are very sweet, to sweet for me, esp. the Colonia series. I didn't like the Leather and Oud. It think it was the Sandalo, which smelled to me like Iso E Super. I sprayed four samples from the blue series onto my wrists. Cipresso di Toscana, Mirto die Panarea, Mandorlo di Sicilia, Arancia di Capri. Arancia was not bad and I was astonished how long it kept the orange scent, but I don't want to smell like an orange. The Mirto was quite nice. I want to do a closer sniff at it. I could not test Bergamotte.

At the airport I put l'Occitane Eau des Baux and Eau de l'Occitan on my wrists. The Eau des Baux has some potential. The longer it is on the skin, the better it smells.

I do not know if I said this earlier, but do not be surprised if your tastes in scents do not change over time, over your trying a lot of different scents. I do think there are easier scents and harder scents. For instance, I think early on I would have thought of something like vintage Jicky as near offensive. But I sure get it now. I would not have understood how anyone could like Kouros. But I am wearing it today. In the meantime, I have probably tired of certain scents I once loved. Scents that now seem mundane and picked on a simple level to me.

I guess you have one "not" to many in your first sentence. I do expect that the taste in scents changes like all other tastes like food, tea, music.

Btw. I do like the Issey Miyake. It is not sweet, not heavy but somehow fresh. To me it smells like grapefruit.

Yep, one too many "nots"! Thanks for the correction.

Issey is a good one. It has some funk to it, too. Grapefruit is a good observation!

I guess you have one "not" to many in your first sentence. I do expect that the taste in scents changes like all other tastes like food, tea, music.

Btw. I do like the Issey Miyake. It is not sweet, not heavy but somehow fresh. To me it smells like grapefruit.
Issey Miyake is amazing to me.
ahem! And to my wife as well.

Top Bottom