What's new

How to dry soap after shave?

So after I shave using soap, how do you guys dry them out? Right now I just leave it in its soap bowl all open, exposed, and wet until I use it again. Is it ok to just leave it out like that or should I dry it out some how.

Rook (do you have a first name?),

I make sure there is no excess water on in the soap container, but I don't even rinse the soap off. I leave it out all day and put it away when I come home from work.

Randy

Although I have read that all soaps should be dried before putting up, I have not adhered to this. I have been using most my soaps in a mug and I pour any excess water out and cover it with a plastic wrap and put it away after using. The soaps I have in a tub, I just put the lid on and put them away, no special care given. Since I have several fragrances I use, the soap may sit for a few days before use again. I currently have several brands of soaps but my main soap is the Honeybee Spa Shaving Soaps. None of the soaps have presented a problem for me.

Bud

rtaylor61 said:

I make sure there is no excess water on in the soap container, but I don't even rinse the soap off. I leave it out all day and put it away when I come home from work.

Randy

This is what I do, except I do rinse the soap off after use. The soaps do not get funky at all, neither do the bath soaps that I leave out in the shower.

I must be an exception. When I use a soap I just wipe the outside of the bowl off and put the lid on, then replace it back into the pile. If I know I am not going to use it for a while I will run some water over it to get rid of the foam and then close it up but that is just for looks.

I usually leave the soap open for a few hours to let it dry, then I cap it and put it away. I used to cap the soap right away, thae I read on another thread that putting a soap away wet can lead to mold growing on the soap. I do not know if it is possible for mold to grow on soap but, I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

I do know for sure that leaving the soap uncapped can cause the soap to lose some of its scent.

JMT said:
I usually leave the soap open for a few hours to let it dry, then I cap it and put it away. I used to cap the soap right away, thae I read on another thread that putting a soap away wet can lead to mold growing on the soap. I do not know if it is possible for mold to grow on soap but, I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

I do know for sure that leaving the soap uncapped can cause the soap to lose some of its scent.

That stinks that it loses scent. Soap with no scent isn't very fun.

rtaylor61 said:

Randy

Randy,

My name is Mark. I guess I'll just leave mine out for a couple of weeks and see what happens. I'll just continue to use it normally and learn from experience.

I lather on the soap container so my cleanup is just wiping excess lather from the bowl and making sure no excess water is puddled up in there, then back to the shelf. I've never had a problem.

rtaylor61 said:

Randy

Exactly how I do it- man, do great minds think alike or what? :wink:

Marty

Top Bottom