What's new

How to Convert?

my father and i were discussing shaving the other day, and i asked him what he used on his face. he said he shaves in the shower with dollar store disposables and...water. that's it, just plain old hot shower water. i just sort of sat there with my mouth hung open. i'm surprised his face, at least his cheeks (he keeps a massive billygoat goatee) isn't one big scab. i feel like i need to intervene by spreading the gospel of wetshaving, but he feels like using a brush and a soap/cream is antiquated. any advice on how to get my father on the bandwagon? anything i receive would be helpful. thanks.

Shane

How does his shave looks? Maybe it works for him.... After all, there was that thread about the claim that shaving cream is a hoax....

If he gets a good shave that way, it's an awful lot quicker and easier than the classic way.

I've made two converts. My dad was easy. I just took away his old stuff and explained how to use the new. He balked on the razor, though. He likes using a brush and good creams (including QED soaps) but insists he can get a better shave with a disposable Bic razor than with an adjustable DE. I even gave him a Sensor Excel. Nope. He'd rather use an orange Bic. :rolleyes:
I also converted a friend of mine. He doesn't read any of the forums or blogs but shaves with Coats, Tyrwhitt or similar, a badger brush, long-handled DE Gillette and Feather blades.
Most of my other friends use electrics except for a couple of Mach3 users. I'm working on them next...

designwise1 said:
Most of my other friends use electrics except for a couple of Mach3 users. I'm working on them next...

The best way to work on a Mach 3 user is with a heavy, blunt object:wink: .

AJS said:
The best way to work on a Mach 3 user is with a heavy, blunt object:wink: .

Isn't that kinda redundant? Ohh yeah, Mach3's are only blunt but not heavy... Get them one of those Jagger Mach3s then?

Shane said:
any advice on how to get my father on the bandwagon? anything i receive would be helpful. thanks.
Shane

It's simple. Look him straight in the eyes, wave a watch, and repeat after me:
The Badger & Blade are my friends. I truly NEED razors, blades, brushes, soaps, and creams. Wet shaving is good...

About 5 minutes of that should work, and he shouldn't remember any of it.

That reminds me, I have a brush coming, should be in my mail today. Oh, and maybe my '48 SuperSpeed is here too!

Peace,

Pierre

:lol: my dad's going to be 85 this month, bless him, and 3 years ago I said to him, "daddy, do you remember when I was 14 and you bought me my first brush and razor?" He said "I sure do, my boy!", and he started to laugh! Well, I said "look what I got for you!" I gave him an Omega brush, and a tub of Taylors almond shaving cream, and a Merkur Vision DE just like mine. He said "hell, you were just a kid starting to shave, don't you think I'm a bit old for this?" I said "dad, you're never too old" Well, he loves his brush and his Taylors, (but I think he prefers his Col. Conk bay rum soap!) but he usually uses a Sensor Excel. Other than that, he enjoys being a wetshaver. :smile: :wink:

Jeff

Oh, Gerald, dad used an electric for something like 40 years before I got him away from it, and he's glad I converted him. His skin's a lot nicer now too.

Jeff

Top Bottom