What's new

how to clean my find?

Hi guys, just picked up this Lavazza stove top pot for a fiver from my local charity shop. As you can see it's well used but in great condition, just needs a good clean. it's Inox 18/10 steel. Where do I start and what do I use? Thanks in advance for any tips or useful links.

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_112804_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180511_112804_hdr.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
I have had much better luck with the powder rather than the liquid. Great stuff. My go-to recommendation for cleaning metal and porcelain.

Hi, I'm in UK and never heard of this stuff, then I came across some whilst out shopping for other stuff! I notice on the bottle it says don't use on shiny steel! Proceed with caution? Or just leave my pot the way it is?

Powder is best. Frankly forgot about the liquid. On high polish stainless, the key is to not use an abrasive pad. The sponges with nylon netting around them are perfect.

For a deep clean, I’ll put on a slightly wet application of the powder, and let it sit in the sink for 10-15 minutes, then rinse. If it needs a little more, repeat. Very little scrubbing involved.

You can dull high polished stainless with Barkeepers Friend and a green scrub pad used aggressively. Nice thing with stainless is you can always polish it up with some rubbing compound and a buffer. That’s a little obsessive, but I’ve done it.

Thnx for the tips guys. I've been Googling this pot and it looks like Lavazza stopped making them! Their site just has those pod machines. Or am I not looking hard enough?

Top Bottom