What's new

How to clean an atomizer?

Amazing how persistent the scents are, even on glass!

So what's the best way to clean an atomizer before using it with a different cologne?

TIA,
Tom

I actually think vinegar would work. Let the atomizer soak and make sure to pump the atomizer a few times to clean out the nozzle. Afterwards clean with water and the vinegar scent should be gone.

Alcohol may be your best option, but even then, sometimes the the scent actually changes the scent of the plastic parts permanently. That is why I rather buy a new atomiser for a couple of dollars. It may cost as much as the alcohol or vinegar you are going to waste.

Alcohol, dishwashing liquid.... I *reduced* the scent somewhat but did not eliminate it. In the end I just put a few drops of the 'new' cologne in the atomizer and will settle for that.

Can't do it. I can't anyway. I have an atomizer tainted with Penhaligons Douro (not a particularly "sticky" scent), that I've tried just about everything on. Lemon juice, bleach, vinegar, baking soda, boiling it, dish soap...

And I can still smell the Douro.

Don't do it... especially if you're making a sample for someone else to try.

I've got a nice leather Creed atomizer that has Bois du Portugal in it. And I know that if I ever sell it, it's going to have to be to a guy who's going to put more BdP in it, because there will be NO way to get that smell out of there!

Can't do it. I can't anyway.

This is what I am also finding. Seems like the suggested methods should work, but they just don't seem to.

Answer: Buy more atomizers. So who sells them? What I want are the smallest possible ones to use with samples that came without.

Atomizers can be had so cheaply that I cannot imagine that going through all the work involveed trying to clean one would be worth it. Of course, different strokes....I went round and round on a trade with someone on BN, then it finally came out that the person was after "full bottles that looked good on a shelf", sometimes priorities are hidden!

Soap and hot water works for me. The soap seems to loosen the remaining scent from the glass and plastic of the atomizer and the hot water eventually washes the scent out. It just takes some time and patience.

Top Bottom