What's new

How To Cast Android Tablet Screen To Amazon Fire Tv

Gents, as the recent purchaser of an Amazon Fire Tv I can report it works very well and I like using it. One thing I have thought is a bit odd is there seems to be no way to attach a webcam and microphone to a streaming box like the FireTv or Roku or PS3. My wife travels for work and we keep in touch through video calls so my girls can see mom daily. Trouble is, she will be taking our laptop with her for her online schooling so we are stuck with nothing to use at the moment.

Thoughts. This is the perfect opportunity to buy a new 7" tablet and just use it with an IM app. I suppose such things work okay on Android. They have Skype in the apps stores and we have accounts. Two things come to mind. One, is there some way to cast the screen of the tablet to the Fire Tv for display on the 55" Samsung? I think you see where I am going here. We would like to see mom on the bigger screen. Failing that is there an IM app which can be loaded onto the FireTv that would allow plugging a regular old webcam, which we have, into the usb port and do it that way?

Cheers, Todd

Top Bottom