What's new

How thoroughly do you rinse your face after your shave?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I read of men who experience for many hours the soap scents left on their face after a shave. Others write about the residual effect that the shaving soap has on their skin during the day.

At the conclusion of my daily SR shaves, I thoroughly rinse my face so that there is no trace/feel of the shaving soap (or its scent) on my face. This is before I apply my Bay Rum/witch hazel mix aftershave slash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Post shave routine
1st- warm water rinse to remove residual soap.
2nd- cold water rinse just to let my skin relax. :001_wub:
3rd- towel dry cold water rinse and then use witch hazel mister to clean any soap residual and might do some pickups missed with just the witch hazel.
4th- towel dry with my dedicated face wash cloth for just witch hazel.
5th- apply some aftershave usually trough a 50ml glass mister.
6th- apply a tiny dollop of balm. Shave finally complete a few minutes later from 1st step. Happy camper. This is not a long drawn process and might only take a few minutes at most. Took longer to type this out than to do routine by far :lol:.

1. Hot water on a washcloth to wash any soap off my face. Usually twice.

2. Wash face once with ice water to close the pores.

3. Splash on witch hazel/Hyaluronic Acid mix.

4. Lightly dry HA/WH residue off face with a dry towel.

5. Apply balm or AS.

Exact same routine every time.

Hot water by hand, cold water by hand, alum, cold water with a cloth, towel dry, splash, balm. And it’s thorough to the point that I often have to wipe water off the floor afterward.

I rinse thoroughly. Depending on the soap I may be able to smell it up to an hour after the shave. But hours after? No chance. Shave soap isn't meant for that though it seems that's what the market desires.

Rinse thoroughly then dry and aftershave. After that, apply beard oil to the skin under my van dyke. If I don’t get all the soap out of the edges of my van dyke, it just flakes off all day and makes a mess on my shirt.

So many folk apply a old rinse then apply aftershave. Surely for aftershave to be effective and penetrate/cleanse the depth of the pores the cold rinse is best omitted and replaced by a warm rinse before applying aftershave?

1. Rinse thoroughly (cold)
  2. Alum
  3. Rinse thoroughly (cold)
  4. Balm
  5. Mop floor

Your message sums up everything that I do after every shave (including step 5 haha) :) I also follow this routine. And always get amazing results. Sometimes, if I am in a hurry, after applying alum on the face, I just clean my brush and then immediately towel my face without rinsing it off again. This one also worked for me.

Top Bottom