What's new

How old old were you when you first shaved?

I think I was 14 or so. My grandfather gave me his old Philips electric to shave off a bit of fuzz. I'd have been 15 when I did my first wetshave with a BIC disposable.

I used a few Gillette and Wilkinson Sword multi blade thingys then converted to DE shaving at 35. The rest is history.

I was 14. I went to an all-boys school where sideburns and mustaches were not permitted. At that time I had dark hair and both sideburns and a mustache grew on my face. I was instructed to shave it off so when I went home I told my father I had to start shaving. His instructions to me were to hand me a loaded Gillette TTO razor a brush, mug, and soap. I had seen him shave but that was the extent of his instruction.

1958 I was 15 - 16, used my father's TTO Gillette, can't remember what model it was. When he found out I was using it he gave it to me and bought an electric razor for himself.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

15-ish. To clean up fuzz on sideburns and mustache area. Mom and Dad were watching tv in the next room. I lathered up w/ Gillette Foamy and used my dad's slim adjustable (like below). Went to show M&D, and my dad promptly showed me a styptic pencil which burned like heck!

:cuppa:

IMG_2021.JPG

Hi,

15. 1976. Dad gave me a Pre War Tech. I still have it. It was my ground travel razor until a few years ago.

Stan

I was 15 when my Dad took me to the drug store to by my first razor, a Gillette Slim, The next morning I got my lesson with an actual blade in the razor, Dad watching over my shoulder, giving instruction and advice. sometimes these days I think I can still see him in the mirror watching me. I still shave with my Slim

Twelve.
One day when Dad came home from work he brought homme a Gillette Techmatic, an Old Spice Mug, Brush and puck set and after dinner I learned how to lather and shave. I think tat was 1965.

14. Army cadet camp 1980. Not sure how much I really needed to shave off. Had to track down a razor and can of cream. Didn't start regularly shaving until I was 17 and joined the Army reserve.

I think I was 14 or 15. I had a mustache and a smattering of whiskers on my cheeks, so when I was at the store with my mom, I grabbed a pack of Gillette Good News and a can of shave gel and put them in the cart. I got no instruction on how to shave. I just imitated what I saw on TV or when my dad would shave. I didn't start shaving everyday until I left for basic training. The shaves were really rough in those days.

13, my dad told me I needed to start shaving and gave me his old 2 headed electric Philishave. I only lasted for a month before it burnt out. I switched to a Trac II.

Top Bottom