What's new

How old is your mustache/beard?

I have had this goatee for roughly 20 years. Getting more and more gray!
goatee2.png

George Carlin had great line about Beards, they the Beard are evil. Whiskers are friendly. Think my beard and mustache were something I was born with, sometime they are just worn very short.

I suppose I should update that I’m not sporting any facial hair at this time. I grew tired of getting my foamy cold coffee drinks in it so two weeks ago I shaved it off.

Mustache and chin unshaved for 32 years. I grow a full beard every winter (hunting season). This year there may be a shift, not sure I am going full beard again.

I’m back to growing out my mustache and chin hairs again. I just enjoy having some facial hair. I’ll try to get better at drinking foamy drinks and the occasional sneeze when it comes to the stache.

I've had my beard for almost 20 years, started it following neck surgery when I was in a brace for 8 weeks. After the brace came off the wife liked what she saw and it's been that way ever since.

I've had my goatee since about 1997, apart from an embarrassing accident where I burned half of my moustache off while lighting a cigarette in about 2007 and had to equalise it, and went vaguely Amish for a few weeks.

The comedy moment was totally worth it.

I retired from the Navy in 1990 and let my beard grow back. I like to keep it shorter cropped, anywhere from visible stubble to a 5mm setting on a trimmer. Since 1990, I've gone 3 times shaving it completely off, only to immediately start to grow it back. Last time I was without facial hair was at least 10 years ago. I toy with the idea of going naked again, but after getting a bit too aggressive with the trimmer a few weeks back, I'll deep six that idea.

mustache 1965, beard 1972 when d/c from US Army after a little excitement. Got everything I volunteered for and would do it again.

Beard's almost 3 weeks old. My first beard since the 80s. Not planned. I think I just got lazy. I had a mustache from 1970-95, but in the 80s grew a winter beard between Labor Day & Memorial Day. I tried, but couldn't stand a beard in summer. I eventually stopped the winter beard because our youngest daughter would cry hysterically when I shaved it off. My wife and I never understood why.

Top Bottom