How old is your mustache/beard?

Discussion in 'Beards & Moustaches' started by Jack19, Mar 25, 2016.

1. troy

troy Ambassador

I've had had a mustache (and at least a little something on the chin) for over 20 years, but haven't kept the same look. When I started it I had hair halfway down my back, and it was mostly peach fuss. As the beard and mustache grew thicker my hair grew thinner, so I started cutting it shorter and shorter. I've had several bears styles over the years van dyke, circle, full beard, ducktail.... and many different lengths. Currently I have a shaved head and a bout 9 inches of beard.

2. When I first grew my beard, it was thin, wispy and dark brown. When it thickened it became a deep reddish brown. Is has grown more and more white over the years. I flew through four different airports the past couple of days and missed a few opportunities to give some young kids a quiet “ho ho ho.” I didn’t think of it until I got home this evening.

I keep the beard because SWMBO likes it. That, and I hate shaving....

My hair started thinning when I was 17 and I haven’t much left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 2 years for me.

4. Thwack

Thwack Contributor

Almost lost my goatee, I got a little enthusiastic trimming it. My new trim technique is to only trim to keep it out of my mouth and the stragglers at the side. Other than that, I'm gonna let it grow wild. :)

5. My beard is -45 days old died 16 days ago. Moustache? Unknown, over 10 if not 20 or more.
    I plan on restarting my beard end of Jan. After learning SR better.

6. Tokyospike

Tokyospike Contributor

I have had either a full beard or, more frequently, a circle beard like now since February of 1993. My wife and I went to India for a month, and I didn’t shave. My daughter was born in 1994, and a few years later I promised her I wouldn’t shave it off without her permission. No permission yet.

7. My mustache and goatee about 21 years. I grow it in full during the winter

8. Beards may come and go, but my mustache has been firmly in place since I graduated high school in 1978: 41 years.

9. This is a cool topic, I like it!
    I had to try to remember. That was in 2005.