What's new

How old are these vintage Gillette razors?

I have a chance to get these two razors for a good price but would like to know what date range they were made. I am guessing 1930's-40s?
Thanks!

vintage Gillette 3-piece razors 1.jpg
vintage Gillette 3-piece razors 2.jpg
vintage Gillette 3-piece razors 3.jpg

I think with a little elbow grease they'd clean up nicely!

The Tech looks post war as the slots are oval - my guess is late 1940s; 1932 is just the patent date. The gold coloured razor is a 1930s ball end New. I could be, and usually am, very wrong.
Yes, I am guessing the Tech is also late 40's due to the oval slots. I am aware of the patent date. Thanks!
I wonder how much different they would shave compared to my 1951 and 1962 ball end Techs. I am really more interested in the gold open comb one but both razors are being sold as a set. They also come with 2 vintage shave brushes that I have really no interest in since I don't collect them. Once again, I can get them at a decent price with minimal shipping cost.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I can't compare Techs as I do not use them but I can say that the New is a wonderful razor, especially with the long comb. If you are interested in trying an open comb of that period then my preference would be to seek out a Goodwill, there is a Canadian version if that is your preference. My English made Goodwill is my favourite razor of any I own.

Oh well I just looked at my bank account and it doesn't look like I can afford to add anything more to the razor collection this month. I just added a Schick L1 injector and have blades for that on the way. Next month I will seek out an English Goodwill razor or some other vintage Gillette open comb. Those fat handled Techs I see for sale all the time.

Top Bottom