What's new

How often to shave pragmatically

I shaved yesterday with my preferred set (I've got my set up, pure) however I shaved against grain twice in one day,
Apart from trying to bury whiskers my skin isn't happy!
Soldiers during the 1st world war were required to shave daily or as soon as they could and cleared so by the local company commander!

48 hours is best for me, at least till the sand paper effect. Anyone's skin in ymmv never mind the blade!
My problem is...... I enjoy shaving a little too much.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm a Daily shaver and my regular routine is WTG + ATG + pickups and have done this for years. There are a few tricks I learned along the way on how to avoid ingrown hairs and to a treat you skin . I always get close shaves and the learning curve can be rewarding if you correct some issues as you go.

On a TV show in the 50's in which Groucho compared, a middle aged woman who was a contestant and had 12 children asked why he always had a cigar in his mouth?
He said, "I like my Cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in a while".

I shave daily and always in all directions with buffing to boot ( I got the OCD when it comes to a BBS shave). With good technique, one should have no issues with ATG shaving on a daily basis. It's all about good prep, good products, and good technique. I've been doing it for decades!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have been know to perform five (I think) ATG passes in one day. Not that I needed to as there were no more whiskers to cut. I just did it for the enjoyment. When you get into SR shaving, things like that happen.

I'm not a learner by any means, just shaved within that carry on in 10 hours between, I have also learned the cbd hemp oil pre shave! With king of shaves gel, very hard to beat.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I shave every other day, using 3 passes and cleanup. With me there is no need to shave more often.
There is a big difference between "need" and "want".

This thread reminds me, it has been 7 hours since my last SR shave. I might have another three-pass SR shave now, just for the enjoyment.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Daily straight razor shaver. Often one and done. A single WTG pass gives me a close comfortable shave. Edge refinement determines if a second pass is warranted. A new brush or soap might encourage a second pass also. The odd evening shave is for Mrs. Raven. Skin never felt better!

Top Bottom