What's new

How often do you use yur slant?

My vintage Hoffritz is on the job again but not part of the regular rotation.

It's cool, not sayin that, but it underwhelms too, especially with the Gillettes and the few new-age things I've got.

I often wonder why they went down that design road in the first place...

Last edited:
Hi,

I use a Fasan Double Slant daily. I went thru 37 years and many, many razors to find one that works this well.

Note, though, the design of the Fasan is quite different than a Hoffritz.

Stan

I've used an Ikon DLC Slant exclusively with Feather blades the last two weeks. Pretty good shaves and mild enough (even with Feathers) for daily use. This coming week, going to arm the Ikon Slant with Personna Lab Blues to see if I get the same quality shaves but with maybe a little added comfort (and cheaper, to boot).

I've used an Ikon DLC Slant exclusively with Feather blades the last two weeks. Pretty good shaves and mild enough (even with Feathers) for daily use. This coming week, going to arm the Ikon Slant with Personna Lab Blues to see if I get the same quality shaves but with maybe a little added comfort (and cheaper, to boot).

IMHO the Lab Blue is not a good blade with the Ikon Slant...i did not like It..'..'
for sure YMMV .'''' pls let me know...

Tam

I alternate between my ATT S1 and S2 exclusively. Since discovering these razors I have no need or desire to use anything else.

Thanks for the input, Tam...I'll let y'all know how it goes. I've had pretty good results with the Lab Blues and Shavecraft 102, looking forward to a week or two match-up with the DLC Slant.

I don't have a Slant but I discovered elsewhere (I think it was on Art of Shaving) a really good descritiption of the Gillette Slide which gives a similar result .. along with the Flurry and the J-Hook .. all good clean wet fun!

I use a Merkur 39c barberpole slant as part of my regular rotation. I'm also experimenting with an ATT safety bar slant. So far, I'm liking the Merkur better (it glides more easily, and the roundedness of the cap seems to suit my shaving style well).

I own six Merkurs; 39C, 23C, 34C, large and small Mergress, and the 37C. I use the Slants in rotation, so at least twice a week.

I have a Merkur 39c that I use about once every two weeks.

I am finding myself more and more just using my 34c. Near BBS for me every time with very minimal irritation that most other razors give me.

-Josh

I alternate between my 39c and 23c - so I use my slant every other day. If I skip a day or two of shaving, the 39c comes out for the first mowing every time.

I've found that Slant razors work best for me when I have a lot of stubble. So I reserve it for those shaves when I have 3 or more days of beard built up. I always use Feather blades.

In the Winter, I might get to Slant once a week. In the Summer, its about once a month.

I wish I could use it more often, because it is a fabulous performer. BBS in one pass is not unheard of if I prep right and use careful technique. But without a heavy buildup of stubble, using a Slant is a moot point. I have other razor/blade combos designated for the 1 and 2 day beards.

I used my vintage Hoff yesterday after a few months hiatus, and it was an excellent shave. I use my ATT or Ikon slants on a regular basis, but now and again it is nice to use a vintage slant.

Top Bottom