What's new

How often do you shower & when?

Showering twice a day seems like a lot of water usage. I'm guessing none of you live or have lived in a country or state with water shortages. :001_huh:

I shower daily or as needed. As for the when... in the winter I shower in the mornings to warm up for the day but in the summer I shower in the evenings to cool down for the night.

1-2 per day, depends. I think at least once a day is a must here in Singapore with temperatures 25-32 celsius everyday and high humidity.

At least daily, usually more.

Always in the morning. Soap usage depends on if I showered the previous night. Always use shampoo. Then I start with the shaving immediately after getting out.

In the evening if I have exercised. Rather than giving the kids (4 and 2) a bath, I'll just have them jump in the shower with me. Soap and shampoo are used.

Daily in the mornings. I don't feel right if I don't.

Sometimes if I'm hung over on the weekends I'll go without, but normally will fit one in by night

Quite an interesting spread on these responses. I like an evening shower each night. Wash off the day's grind and cleaner the mind.

Very interesting thread.

I have a story on this topic. This took place when I was in college, so that was about 53 years ago, around 1969. Around then, I showered about once every 3 days or so. Some women that I dated showered daily or more often. I would have liked to shower more often but just couldn't fit it into my busy schedule. Also, I had some issues with nakedness, privacy, etc. My reference for all issues was the World Book Encyclopedia. They recommended showering at least once a week! That's what my parents did. In fact, later on, my father said one of the benefits of being hospitalized after his heart attack was that he could skip his weekly shower!

At some family gathering with my parents and sister, I asked how often I should shower. My mother answered, "once a day." My father did a double-take. An actual, real double take. My mother responded, "that's what I'm supposed to say, isn't it?"

BTW, these days, I shower every other day.

I shower daily in the morning, wash my face in the evening and sometimes sponge bath in the evening if I offend. During the summer weekends I generally wait to shower until I'm done with yardwork.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
2 or 3 times a day
Before and after work
When I am off I shower when I wake, after bbq/swim, and before bed.

2-3 times a day:

Once in the morning, once before bed, and if I work out that day, after the workout.

On the weekends, when I don't even leave the house, at least once. I also brush after every meal, and floss at least once a day (if not twice).

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I shower every morning and sometimes also before bed. I am sure my parents would think that extravagant as I bathed once per week as a child and as a family we all took turns in the same bathwater as we simply could not afford to heat water for everyone. Nobody had a shower in the house in those days. On other days I had a standing all over strip wash with a flannel and cold water. No central heating either - those were the days 🤣

I never shower. I tried it but found it to be a detestable activity suited to hectic people. I take baths in the evening so I can lie back and read. Showering is ‘tinny’ and bathing is ‘woody’, if you know what I mean.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I shower every day and mainly in the morning before I go to work. I may shower after lunch on a day off if I have done some yard work in the morning.

Top Bottom