What's new

How Often Do You Shave?

Ideally I'd shave every 36 hours but that would mean shaving in the morning a couple times a week and, well, I'm just not a morning person. So lately I've been shaving every 24 hours to use up some of the soaps I've bought over the last few months.

Once I work through the soaps I want to keep and the ones I want to sell I'll probably switch to shaving every 48 hours. Although I do have to say that I like shaving right when I get home from work as I'm doing now. It's a nice way to relax and decompress from a long day at work.

Every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights*. I made a promise to myself when I left the army that I'd never again shave daily**.

*Obviously, important events would warrant a fresh shave regardless of day or hour.
**Which I broke those few months I was a waiter. Then I'd shave before my shift. Fine dining white linens type place.

Usually every 48 hours; my shave results seem the best then. Since a week is 7 days and not 8, I have to have one 24-hour beard in there.

I am thinking, however, of going 72 hours this weekend, Thursday am to Sunday am. Never done that before.

I've gotten lazy in retirement (I'm going on 75 now....), and find myself shaving every other day. On days that
I play golf (twice a week) I'm usually in a hurry to get out the door to make it to my tee time, so I'll just run the electric razor over my face (I know....BLASPHEMY!!). Ideally, my beard only grows fast enough so that I only
NEED to shave every 36 hours or so. But I wind up lathering up with the brush and using one of my Gillettes every other day.

I shaved every single day of my life for about forty years.

I switched to exactly four times a week about a year ago.

It end up being four times per week instead of every other day because I always want to be clean shaven on Sundays. So it's Sunday morning, Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, Friday evening. All intervals are either 48 hours or 36 hours.

I have been thinking about going back to everyday but only doing a single pass, but I haven't yet decided to actually try this approach.

I think, in retrospect, that doing two to three passes every day was a bit too much for my skin.

I can shave as frequently as every 36 hours without undue irritation, and will do so if I need a shave before a work-day. Otherwise, 48 hours is even better.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
When I was using the fresh goat manure and seawater overnight face mask and fermented salami paste after shave balm in the mornings, I could get in two full two-pass SR shaves a day. Now with our quarantine I can't get out enough to collect the fresh manure or buy salami so I'm back to just once a day plus an occasional evening shave if I have company to entertain.

It's not easy living in my little bit of paradise.

1-2 times a week. After seven days there are quite some stubble to cut and the relief of shave is heavenly as stubble really gets itchy and unpleasant at that point.

I would shave more often, but my face tends to get angry on me if I do that. So I found shaving less frequent helps.

Almost every day for the last 50 years. Calculating, based on average shaving time, that's roughly 547,500 minutes, or 9,125 hours, or 380 24h days, or 1.04 years, or 2% of that half-century spent with some sort of razor in my hand in front of (usually) a shaving mirror. A daunting thought for a sober man.

Top Bottom